Using your mobile abroad

Soldato
Soldato
I used Maya Mobile recently for a trip to Spain.

It worked well, except for the fact that the speeds were abysmal compared to just using my EE sim.

On the same network, I topped out at 5 ish Mbps on Maya and would be able to hit max speed on EE, at times this was in excess of 100 Mbps.

It frustrated me endlessly, as it was seemingly always slower than just using my normal sim.

Any recommendations on a better provider that cheaper enough than £2.50 a day to warrant using it?
Lebara SIM if you have a SIM slot eg https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/ge...ing-contract-ps190-for-first-6-months-4378204

Soldato
I used Airalo in Indonesia and Singapore recently and it worked well.

One downside I did not anticipate when using an e-SIM on a Samsung S22 Ultra is that you can't have your main sim and the e-SIM active at the same time, meaning you have to switch sims to check for texts/missed calls on your home number.

Soldato
Soldato
I used Airalo in Indonesia and Singapore recently and it worked well.

One downside I did not anticipate when using an e-SIM on a Samsung S22 Ultra is that you can't have your main sim and the e-SIM active at the same time, meaning you have to switch sims to check for texts/missed calls on your home number.
Really? You should be able to have 2 sims active

Back
Top Bottom