Utah Monolith

Soldato
It's clearly a chimney to an underground furnace, it's where little old Nancy is sat burning Trump votes
Congrats I thought that we’d finally found an example where not every single thread can incorporate something about Trump. But here we have it folks, a giant metal Toblerone in the middle of nowhere can be turned to a discussion about Trump.

Capodecina
Soldato
Someone will have put it there for, knowing someone would eventually find it. Either for lols, or some kind of modern "art".

Or the pilots are in on it :p

Or it has the missing Trump votes inside.

I think it's an interesting idea for an art piece. Put an obviously man-made structure in a very remote location and see how long it is till it's discovered and what it's interpreted as. It could have been there for years.

Soldato
I think it's an interesting idea for an art piece. Put an obviously man-made structure in a very remote location and see how long it is till it's discovered and what it's interpreted as. It could have been there for years.

Well the first thing I'd do is open it up. It's only riveted together so it should be easy.

It's clean and the ground around it looks like it has been filled in recently. I don't think it has been there long.

Soldato
Above Top Secret believe they have found the location.

https://earth.google.com/web/search...IDcNEARNGVAMIDcNMAZtOjW1NykZEAhZEqYZoAKV8AoAg

In the middle of nowhere.

It's only 2 hours or so from Moab, so not really a true middle of nowhere.

And as people have said, looks GK be riveted together sheet metal so wouldn't take much effort in an off-road vehicle with a shovel to put something like that there.

Sad it probably isn't a war of the worlds style landing pod though :(

Man of Honour

Yeah, I thought of this too. I haven't got the right words to express how much I am simultaneously in love with and haunted by that album.

It's funny, because although I want this to be something more than just an art installation/publicity stunt of sorts, the actual consequences of it being something properly interesting are terrifying.

RxR

RxR

Soldato
It reminds me of Adele; "Hello from the other side...". And since it has struck so many to wonder unnecessarily, it's already apologising "...trying to tell you 'I'm sorry, for all the things that I've done'".

Therefore, it is a grave situation that must be monitored from space for any further calculated moves of disgrace! Such a pitiable frame.

Man of Honour
Yeah, I thought of this too. I haven't got the right words to express how much I am simultaneously in love with and haunted by that album.

It's funny, because although I want this to be something more than just an art installation/publicity stunt of sorts, the actual consequences of it being something properly interesting are terrifying.
I used to listen to the album as a child and it was one of the first things that got me into science fiction, then science fact, then into computers as a hobby and career. Even today it sends lovely, happy, chills down my spine. It's a masterpiece and Burtons voice is incredible. A few years ago, before she died, my mum found the album. So for a birthday present I asked her to get the album mounted in a picture frame. It's strangely very sentimental to me.

Back
Top Bottom