V5C - Former Keepers

Associate
OP
[TW]Fox;25241521 said:
No you couldn't - at least not without a lengthy court battle.

A failed sensor is not a serious fault.

10 minutes to start the car? This seems like it might be an exageration. Are you really sitting there constantly cranking it for 10 minutes at a time?

Disagree, at least in my previous experience and based on the advice I was given by solicitors in my office.

I'm not a mechanic, I don't know what is serious or not and at this stage neither does the dealer as they haven't even examined the car.

Also, no, let's not be silly, who would sit cranking over the car for ten minutes constantly?

I can try starting the car, several times and it can often take up to ten minutes before the car actually starts.

Man of Honour
If it's all so easy to reject it and you have received excellent legal advice from a solicitor why are you asking us instead of preparing for your court victory?

Associate
OP
[TW]Fox;25241936 said:
If it's all so easy to reject it and you have received excellent legal advice from a solicitor why are you asking us instead of preparing for your court victory?

I didn't ask for any legal advice from anyone in this thread. I asked simply about former keepers on the V5C as per my OP.

I was merely responding to your comment about "not without a lengthy court battle".

Which is your opinion and one not shared by others with many years of consumer legal experience.

I lost the ability to reject the car when I accepted the dealer offer to repair the vehicle. Hence why I have no intention of rejecting the car under SOGA.

The OP was relating to misrepresentation, something completely different and as you quite rightly observed yourself, is misleading by the dealer to have said 'two former keepers'.

Also, why the sarcasm in your last post? Can you not engage in a discussion without coming across rude?

Man of Honour
My sarcasm was, I felt, an apt response to the idea that you can easily reject a used car on the basis of a single minor fault.

You can't, not easily, and even successful cases against typical used car salesman often leave you with the car on your drive, a worthless ccj and company which simply dissolves and is later reformed.

Soldato
Is this a main franchise dealer or a 1 man and his dog operation?

The reason I ask is, if it was me, I would call them and speak to the service dept bypassing the sales dept. Book the car in with a request for a courtesy car then, when I turn up with the car for its booking, leave it with service and go speak with the SERVICE manager.

Sales people sell cars, the service dept is who you need to speak with. I always find it strange why people blame the sales person for selling cars that develop a fault when, in reality, all they do is sell cars. Its the responsibility of the service dept to recondition and repair a car to make it ready for sale and in a condition that is suitable.

Its not the salesperson's fault if they sell a car that has not been reconditioned properly.

Of course, if its a 1 man and his dog operation, this may not be possible.

Last edited:
Soldato
[TW]Fox;25242315 said:
You can't, not easily, and even successful cases against typical used car salesman often leave you with the car on your drive, a worthless ccj and company which simply dissolves and is later reformed.

Why would a successful court case lead to a CCJ against the OP?

Back
Top Bottom