Value & worth

Caporegime
Do you think that there is an increasing view that such things (as cleaning/housework) are beneath us now?

Do you ever order anything off the internet to be delivered to you?

If so, is driving to a shop beneath you now?

Have you ever bought a ready meal from a supermarket?

If so, is cooking food beneath you now?

Are you perhaps being a bit arbitrarily selective with regards to the tasks you could perform that you now pay others to perform for you?

Caporegime
Do you ever order anything off the internet to be delivered to you?

If so, is driving to a shop beneath you now?

Have you ever bought a ready meal from a supermarket?

If so, is cooking food beneath you now?

Are you perhaps being a bit arbitrarily selective with regards to the tasks you could perform that you now pay others to perform for you?

All your examples are completely out of context. There is literally no point in going into a shop as 99 percent of the time it is cheaper online.

Also buying ready meals from the shop all the time is a one way ticket to obesity which is only going one way in this country.

If you want a good comparison. Eating out everyday is comparable to eating at home as you are paying someone to do the cooking for you.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

I'll happily spend a bit of money to have my house cleaned for me so I can enjoy my time off too

Same - I pay for a cleaner, gardener and window cleaner as they are just a waste of my time when I could be doing something far more productive. Also have two clothes collections for washing and ironing a week.

What I'm really looking forward to is the advance in robotic - our robot vacuum cleaner was one of our best buys that we bough another to do upstairs as well. I suppose now we've got the loft converted I need another - just need one to navigate the stairs! When I find one I like, I'll be getting a robot lawn mower as well.

Caporegime
Not pre-preparing your own meals is not the same as cooking processed food. The equivalent of not preparing your own meals is eating out in a restaurant.

Neither are equivalent, the issue I'm highlighting is simply someone else doing a job that you'd other wise do - preparing the food for you, that can be highlighted in either. I'm really not sure why you're trying to quibble over which example to use.

FWIW eating out every day is probably even more unhealthy.

Back
Top Bottom