• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Value

Associate
With the new AMD cards on the horizon and a new nvidea refresh on the way. I don't think there has been a better time to grab one or two of the old generation for value for money!.
I bought a the new dell 3014 a few months ago and love the battlefield series, so my 580's 1.5gb will have to go if i want 1600p on ultra. Never been a loyal supporter of either camp, but a huge fan of value.

Only a few years ago we had to upgrade every 8/12 months if we wanted all the effects turned on, but that has changed. Don't get me wrong if i had the cash 780 sli it would be, but i don't.

I know the 7970's are getting on now in terms of age in this tech area, but i just picked up 2 7970's for £420 delivered! (3GB for BF4 - sorted!). The prices have really come down. Together they are more powerful than anything out there or will be this year (If you don't mind Xfire). It has been a while since I've seen value for money this good in the GPU area.

Now we are told that mantle is on the way in December for AMD especially tweaked for BF4 - winner!, which in turn will make nvidea pull their finger out.
I just hope GCN 1 won't miss out too much to GCN 2.
Anyway just a happy bunny and wanted to share. It really is a good time to buy, even if new cards are due. :D

Last edited:
Caporegime
With the new AMD cards on the horizon and a new nvidea refresh on the way. I don't think there has been a better time to grab one or two of the old generation for value for money!.
I bought a the new dell 3014 a few months ago and love the battlefield series, so my 580's 1.5gb will have to go if i want 1600p on ultra. Never been a loyal supporter of either camp, but a huge fan of value.

Only a few years ago we had to upgrade every 8/12 months if we wanted all the effects turned on, but that has changed. Don't get me wrong if i had the cash 780 sli it would be, but i don't.

I know the 7970's are getting on now in terms of age in this tech area, but i just picked up 2 7970's for £420 delivered! (3GB for BF4 - sorted!). The prices have really come down. Together they are more powerful than anything out there or will be this year (If you don't mind Xfire). It has been a while since I've seen value for money this good in the GPU area.

Now we are told that mantle is on the way in December for AMD especially tweaked for BF4 - winner!, which in turn will make nvidea pull their finger out.
I just hope GCN 1 won't miss out too much to GCN 2.
Anyway just a happy bunny and wanted to share. It really is a good time to buy, even if new cards are due. :D

Enjoy your new cards.

You sound like you know your stuff but if you ever want to double check crossfire is working perfectly then take a look at this thread.

Back
Top Bottom