*** The Official Steam Deck Thread ***

Associate
So Valve got back to me and said my joystick issue is cosmetic only and not covered in warranty.

Tbh I don't disagree all that much as was using the device lots yesterday and it played perfectly fine, and the capacitive function is working perfect too. Outside of direct sunlight it looks mostly the same too. A shame it's this way but I may get a replacement joystick on ifixit when they pop up there eventually (I assume they will). I told them I don't agree it's cosmetic only though given it feels slightly different.

Otherwise super impressed with the OLED, was playing some MGS2 on it yesterday along with testing some games with HDR and it's just awesome.

Associate
So Valve got back to me and said my joystick issue is cosmetic only and not covered in warranty.

Tbh I don't disagree all that much as was using the device lots yesterday and it played perfectly fine, and the capacitive function is working perfect too. Outside of direct sunlight it looks mostly the same too. A shame it's this way but I may get a replacement joystick on ifixit when they pop up there eventually (I assume they will). I told them I don't agree it's cosmetic only though given it feels slightly different.

Otherwise super impressed with the OLED, was playing some MGS2 on it yesterday along with testing some games with HDR and it's just awesome.
Sounds like they’re trying to fob you off, I think of you press them they will change it.

Associate

A cosmetic issue on a brand new piece of hardware is faulty. If you found a stain on a pair of trousers you bought online you wouldn't just accept them would you.

I always hear people saying Valve support to be great but my experience with them is that they will try their best to wiggle out of helping you.

I would be pressing them hard to get a return if I was you. I would also be asking for a refund as well. I know from experience that Valve will absolutely not give you a refund on a Steam Deck after the 14 days have past. Best to get a refund and rebuy to reset the clock.

I know I will be going over my OLED with a fine tooth comb to look for any issues when it arrives and won't accept anything if it is not the way it should be.

Maybe check to see if you have any dead pixels or crackling speakers before getting back to Valve... ;)

Last edited:
Associate
Yeah it feels a minor thing given its mostly cosmetic but the fact it's noticeable and has a different feel... Yeah I'll prob update my request to request a full return and refund per UK law and just rebuy. As no reason needs to be provided within 14 days and the RMA sounds like it will just be a headache if they're not playing ball.

Associate
The GLS website had not updated for me earlier this morning, but I have just checked the parcel force website and they attempted delivery 30 minutes ago, apparently.. No notifications or warning.

Will have to try and pick it up later.

Associate
Have you guys checked your plugs? Mine has arrived and it's an EU 2 prong plug?!?!
Mine is UK plug, 1TB OLED.

And refund has been requested. Once they confirm the details I will place my next order, thankfully shipping back to 3-5 days so still before Xmas :) still got my LCD steam deck to use in the meantime.

Associate
The GLS website had not updated for me earlier this morning, but I have just checked the parcel force website and they attempted delivery 30 minutes ago, apparently.. No notifications or warning.

Will have to try and pick it up later.
Had you also been tracking it on parcelforce website/app with the parcelforce tracking number?

Last edited:
Soldato
Mine is UK plug, 1TB OLED.

And refund has been requested. Once they confirm the details I will place my next order, thankfully shipping back to 3-5 days so still before Xmas :) still got my LCD steam deck to use in the meantime.
Hmmm, weird. It wasn't an option when we ordered the deck was it?!? Pretty sure I would have noticed that! Using OG charger for now then. Have put a request in but don't want to return the entire thing; I stupidly didn't check the charger and put the 2tb drive in first. Only when I went to download a bunch of games and went to charge it did I realise!

Soldato
Yeah it feels a minor thing given its mostly cosmetic but the fact it's noticeable and has a different feel... Yeah I'll prob update my request to request a full return and refund per UK law and just rebuy. As no reason needs to be provided within 14 days and the RMA sounds like it will just be a headache if they're not playing ball.
Just to note, you might not actually be able to rebuy on the Steam store as it was 1 per customer.

Associate
Still no sign of mine on the parcelforce tracking, it is getting a bit silly now when others have received there’s a couple of days ago. I have emailed Valve to see if they know what’s going on.

Soldato
Very strange delivery logistics from valve, I ordered mine at 6:23 and it seems nobody ordered before 6:20 yet I don’t get mine on the first day :confused:

Yep my order went through at 6:21/22 and I'm still waiting also. GLS gives no decent info, Parcelforce just says 'general logistics' lol

I've dropped Steam Support a chaser, as whilst shipping is somewhat out thier hand, I was theoretically amongst the first to complete purchase, so I'm a bit concerned I'm in limbo, I'm not in a hinterlands postal code either.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom