*** The Official Steam Deck Thread ***

Soldato
This delivery thing is the usual ******** isn't it. I was one of the first to bag one last week (6.19pm my order says) and only just got a tracking number today. No info on the parcelforce site for it yet. 3-5 days my arse.

Last edited:
Don
I expect it's because the main road through Wargrave is closed at the moment and the driver would have had to drive out of the village and around to get to me. Probably thought "I ain't got time for that" and didn't bother.
No idea how I'm supposed to get the parcel though without a card.

Associate
I expect it's because the main road through Wargrave is closed at the moment and the driver would have had to drive out of the village and around to get to me. Probably thought "I ain't got time for that" and didn't bother.
No idea how I'm supposed to get the parcel though without a card.
Ring them 0344 800 4466
it’s a rare company that still has a phone number answered by humans!

Last edited:
Associate
Oh and looks like wifi issue is 160mhz band on wifi6 routers. I’ve just turned it off on my router in anticipation.
I have turned off my 160bhz band and can confirm it's fixed my issue. DOwnload speeds now 600 Mbps. I can get better with the 160Mhz band enabled I imagine but this is good enough for now.

Alcohol can’t hurt anything, I cleaned my whole LCD SD with alcohol before listing it for sale.
Didn't do a thing, its so strange how its like a slippery dirty coating. Don't know if it's a bit OTT for RMA but will see what steam support say.

Tried a factory reset using the original SSD but the trackpad haptic issue didn't change. Just have to wait for Valce to get back to me as this will need to be replaced, not a great start.
Sorry to hear that - hopefully its a quick turnaround. Looks to be a couple weeks.

Soldato
This delivery thing is the usual ******** isn't it. I was one of the first to bag one last week (6.19pm my order says) and only just got a tracking number today. No info on the parcelforce site for it yet. 3-5 days my arse.
I know, complete farce.
When Amazon deliver a day late, I ring up, complain and they refund me the cost of the item and allow me to keep it! Granted its subscription service and this is 'estimated' delivery but its an awful estimate and good way to lose future customers. Id have rather just payed an extra £100 to a scalper and have it in 24 hours fully tracked - I could have had one tomorrow off eBay!

Valve have dropped a few marks for me. I had a much better experience buying one second hand from these forums, here in 24 hours fully tracked.

Associate
All these problems people are having with their OLEDs is making me think that all the YouTubers got cherrypicked units! Never heard one issue from any of them!

Either that or they’re getting paid not to report the negative things!

Soldato
I'm pretty ****** at the whole shipping process. Valve need to look at their distribution in Europe as it's not working. There's so many customers that ordered after me last Thursday that got theirs delivered either yesterday or today. It's ironic that they made sure they have enough stock, but not that they ensured the distribution centre could handle the load.

It's petty in the scheme of things but I'm wondering if it's worth trying to get some Steam Credit as compensation for the delayed delivery.

Soldato
I'm pretty ****** at the whole shipping process. Valve need to look at their distribution in Europe as it's not working. There's so many customers that ordered after me last Thursday that got theirs delivered either yesterday or today. It's ironic that they made sure they have enough stock, but not that they ensured the distribution centre could handle the load.

It's petty in the scheme of things but I'm wondering if it's worth trying to get some Steam Credit as compensation for the delayed delivery.
Same feeling. I’m tempted to return mine when it does arrive, however I bought with Steam wallet credit (in the hope to speed up the process!) and not sure Steam credit can be refunded to card?

…then when QC issues are sorted but on in future

Last edited:
Soldato
All these problems people are having with their OLEDs is making me think that all the YouTubers got cherrypicked units! Never heard one issue from any of them!

Either that or they’re getting paid not to report the negative things!
Or people with problems just post more about them haha. If you got a good working deck you’d not go and share it really.

Soldato
Same feeling. I’m tempted to return mine when it does arrive, however I bought with Steam wallet credit (in the hope to speed up the process!) and not sure Steam credit can be refunded to card?

…then when QC issues are sorted but on in future

You won't, you're just understandably annoyed because you were looking forward to it. When it arrives and turns out to have no issues you'll be fine innit :)

Back
Top Bottom