I call bullsh!t.Got an update on the security breach today :
"While CEVA has not yet concluded their full internal investigation, we have learned that the attack was limited to a subset of their systems. In particular, the system that processed your Steam hardware order was not affected. There is currently no indication that your data was accessible to the attacker at any time during this incident."
...and I don't.I call bullsh!t.
My steam email is an old 25 year+ email account I don't use for anything else anymore. I get a handful of emails a month if that. I have had spam phishing emails daily, in German, since the date of the leak.
Yes. Doesn't mean it is accurate....and I don't.
Did you get the email from Valve saying "While CEVA has not yet concluded their full internal investigation, we have learned that the attack was limited to a subset of their systems. In particular, the system that processed your Steam hardware order was not affected. There is currently no indication that your data was accessible to the attacker at any time during this incident." ?
Love the form factor, and SteamOS, compatibility with games seems great now. The price just kills any excitement for me atm. Maybe if it drops a decent amount in the future.

Had one, loved the form factor, it's tiny. It was quiet, not silent, but very quiet whilst gaming. The few games I tried worked well, most games you'll be at 1080/1440p with a mix of medium/high settings and unless you are digital foundry you probably won't see much difference from sofa distance. There was one game I couldn't get to work no matter what I tried, which was Cronos New Dawn. Worked fine on my main rig but wouldn't run smooth on the SM. Tried different Protons, etc, it wasn't smooth. This was my first experience of gaming on Linux so could be a me/knowledge problem.Woke up to my invite to purchase this morning. This is for the 512gb. I have the controller still in its box ready to go.
I need a bit of swaying either way guys - do I bite the bullet?
Curveball/consideration - My role is currently at risk, and it would be a pretty irresponsible financial decision! My wife is telling me to go for it as I have plenty of savings….hmmm….
Woke up to my invite to purchase this morning. This is for the 512gb. I have the controller still in its box ready to go. I’ve owned a steam deck OLED for a couple of years so very familiar with the setup/tweaking involved.
I need a bit of swaying either way guys - do I bite the bullet?
Curveball/consideration - My role is currently at risk, and it would be a pretty irresponsible financial decision! My wife is telling me to go for it as I have plenty of savings….hmmm….
Don't know what the resale value is now but a month or so ago CeX were paying more than the retail price.Woke up to my invite to purchase this morning. This is for the 512gb. I have the controller still in its box ready to go. I’ve owned a steam deck OLED for a couple of years so very familiar with the setup/tweaking involved.
I need a bit of swaying either way guys - do I bite the bullet?
Curveball/consideration - My role is currently at risk, and it would be a pretty irresponsible financial decision! My wife is telling me to go for it as I have plenty of savings….hmmm….
That's not the case now, the cash buy price from CEX has dropped a lot, it was down to £713 for an A grade 512GB.Don't know what the resale value is now but a month or so ago CeX were paying more than the retail price.
You're unlikely to lose much (if any) money if you buy and resell.
Woke up to my invite to purchase this morning. This is for the 512gb. I have the controller still in its box ready to go. I’ve owned a steam deck OLED for a couple of years so very familiar with the setup/tweaking involved.
I need a bit of swaying either way guys - do I bite the bullet?
Curveball/consideration - My role is currently at risk, and it would be a pretty irresponsible financial decision! My wife is telling me to go for it as I have plenty of savings….hmmm….