Variable Speed Camera Delay

Soldato
Hmm not too sure, it all depends what actually get recorded. If all the system knows is when and what speed you passed the last gantry and then this gantry, that's assuming that it does this it has no idea what speed you were doing as you approached. As it's variable I've seem people floor it between gantries and then slam on their brakes. If each gantry is independent then all it has is the cut in/off time when the speed goes up/down.
i was thinking it could be something as simple as a speed change is triggered/displayed, and the camera is immediately triggered by OP - software is programmed to go "i only changed/displayed the times x/10th of a second ago therefore this car was in a safe zone" etc

Associate
These cameras must be making a fortune. I don't get why people don't slow down for them. I see so many flashes and I don't even drive on there much. You literally just need to slow down for the lines for the gantry cameras.

I thought the new side of the road cameras had a much longer range than the overhead ones, and so "I'm only doing 60mph on the lines" was no longer safe.

It's probably the idiots that slow down and then speed up every camera that get done by average speed cameras because they do the same behaviour.

On a speed awareness course (a few years back) we were advised that if the speed limit changes in a variable zone, then the speed change doesn't take effect until the next gantry, but that's not gospel or defence against "I just got a ticket!".

Soldato
These cameras must be making a fortune. I don't get why people don't slow down for them. I see so many flashes and I don't even drive on there much. You literally just need to slow down for the lines for the gantry cameras.

They don't seem to learn, or maybe they just aren't getting fined for whatever reason. Those stickers which make your reg invisible when looked at from above seem to be getting more common...

Soldato
When i upgraded the turbo on my car, i had to drive to down the M1 to Hinckley off of boost to get it mapped, so was stuck at dead on 60MPH top speed. Concentrating more on staying off boost rather than the gantries i also noticed at the last second i went through a 40 limit at 60mph and got flashed.

looking at the dashcam, it changed about 8-10 seconds before i got to it.

I never heard owt of it.

Soldato
There must be some leeway after changing otherwise it would basically be a scam. You'd never be able to react in time lol

Back
Top Bottom