1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Veganuary?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PiKe, Jan 3, 2019.

1. pooley

Mobster

thanks's for sharing SGF

2. 413x

Capodecina

I think meat eaters (I eat it some times) don' l to face fact it is selfish and not environmentally friendly and cruel to eat farmed meat.

Even needs to be able to justify their actions to themselves. And having those arguments thrust in your face isnt pleasent.

3. iamtheoneneo

Sgarrista

No because if he would he would have a basic understanding of nutrition, which its clear he doesn't.
    He sounds more like someone stuck in the 70s than anything.

4. dirtychinchilla

Sgarrista

Why are you so angry? Take a chill pill.

5. SexyGreyFox

Man of Honour

Was the GP correct though?
    Just because he thought the problem was a vegan diet perhaps he should have referred to a dietitian and not Social Services.

6. pooley

Mobster

lol what you on about?

7. pooley

Mobster

he/she might have made that decision not only with the health of the child but took into consideration the parents too and made the decision..

8. JunglistE

Mobster

Seems more and more people are going vegan and I can't even stomach going vegetarian. Is going vegan even that great for the environment? They're often eating fancy foods that aren't native to the country so they have to import them and then you need a lot more space to grow the same amount of nutrition

9. SexyGreyFox

Man of Honour

and that's not taking into account how many animals die to make way for vegan tastes

10. pooley

Mobster

as as result of this being pushed into mainstream as of late it is trendy atm and as SGF points out the irony of it..

and while they are at they are better start learning degrees in nutrition otherwise they are doing it wrong...

11. jpaul

Sgarrista

.. no mention of its sibling .... #februdairy ... veganism was yesterdays fad.

amusingly radio 4 had some discussion of new vegan evangilists suffering IBS ... not accustomed to a healthy diet

12. NoobCannon

Mobster

Meat ftw.

13. Adnams Drinker

Wise Guy

One of my mates has been vegetarian for years, but has now gone full vegan. He's constantly telling me how great it is and how a vegan diet would benefit my gym-based activities more than my traditional omnivorous lifestyle. I'm having a curry with him tonight - my local curry house swears they can cater for veggies and vegans no problem - just hope it passes off without a scene being made ... remains to be seen whether he's one of the more 'militant' types ...

14. Yadda

Wise Guy

Quietly tell everyone else that you must all take a drink every time he mentions anything vegan related. :)

15. NoobCannon

Mobster

Lol they would all be wasted within the first 10 mins

16. jpaul

Sgarrista

hadn't realised french had the terminology nailed

post-mortem ....

LOL herd mentaility .... detox !
    ... but with only a sample of 1K people maybe its statistically insignificant.

Hope the folks considering the environment are also reflecting on whether their clothing purchases are friendly/sustainable.

17. MikeTheNative

Sgarrista

The claims that vegan/vegetarian is healthier than an omnivore diet really annoys me. Not consuming any animal products doesn't magically make it a better/healthier diet than a well balanced omnivore one. A well balanced Vegan diet is better than a poor omnivore diet, but the same applies that a well balanced omnivore diet is better than a poor vegan diet.

18. EliotG

Wise Guy

Whilst I agree with you, I think it's also more the fact that animals can be stuffed full of antibiotics, diseases etc.

But of course if you're Vegan and stuff yourself full of sugar, then it's not going to be healthier overall. However you would still be avoiding the potential issues that are only present with animal products/meat as mentioned above.

19. VincentHanna

Capodecina

Greggs have seen a big upsurge since they launched the Vegan Sausage roll.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-47480247

20. TheOracle

Capodecina

I tried quorn sausages over the weekend. To be honest, not as bad as I was expecting although my expectations were on the floor.
    Certainly didn't taste fatty like normal ones, and the kitchen was a damn site cleaner/less smellier.

Maybe covering them in gravy and mashed potatoes helped :p

Not a patch on lincolnshire ones though