Vega's *Heavyweight* display and computer; edition 2012

Associate
OP
@ Vega

If you're considering the offer: Jaffa Cakes

MMMMM jaffa cakesssss cant pass that one by vega :)

LOL

Ordered this to test out:

http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/st...nd-computer-edition-2012/480#overview/theater

Cross-talk, ghosting and glasses flicker is what has always turned me off with 3D. This supposedly eliminates all three of those problems. I thought it would be cool to test out. Plus it will be cool to see .7 inch OLED screens.

The thing that could kill it for me though is the 1280x720 resolution in each eye and if there is any input lag. We shall see.

Associate
OP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsX7ogE8Nhg

Make sure to view in 720P.

Guild Wars 2 is as good as I thought it would be, and one of the main reasons I created this unique NVIDIA Surround setup.

Sorry about the black borders between the screens, I do not have a wide-angle video camera lens to accurately capture the seam-less image of the lenses at this time. To see that effect in action, please view the Fresnel Lens video in my channel. In a normal playing/seating position, the three images come together to create one "world" image and the Fresnel lenses add a slight depth effect. It is like looking through a large window out into the world and makes for one amazing gaming experience.

As you can see in the video, SLI is not working properly (developers are working on fix). It is only using around one GTX 680's worth of processing power, but it will read around 3x 33% as it has to send the frames to three different cards in this Surround setup.

My 4th EVGA GTX 680 malfunctioned and I have a replacement on the way. Amazingly, as you can see in the video it runs pretty darn smooth.

I do a quick tour of Divinity's Reach, the most impressive city I've ever seen in any MMORPG. Then I head out to the World vs World vs World area called the "Mists". Here you get bumped up to level 80 but you can see my Ranger still has noob clothes and skills. You still need to level up to properly play WvWvW. I chase some player down and they go hide in the fort as we try and smash the door down. Those doors are pretty strong and take a good while to destroy so I switch over to a PvP "mini-game".

Now in the PvP mini-games, you get leveled to 80 but you also get 80 PvP armor and skills. Here you can see some of the cool effects. I was playing off to the side craning my neck so the camera had a good view. Don't laugh at my playing skill because of this! ;)

The PvP mini-game plays very well and I think I even managed a kill in there somewhere. I am glad I pre-purchased the collectors edition. GW2 is shaping up to be quite the game.

Soldato
Soldato
Vega, I'm looking to switch to a 5760*1080 setup and I'm trying to figure out if I need to get 4GB graphics cards or if 2GBs will be enough.
Did you notice any problems with VRAM limits?
What sort of levels of AA and AF were you able to run?

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom