Vertagear vs noblechairs

Associate
I'm looking for a new chair and I remember reading a few month ago all about the Vertagear SL series chairs... Every thread for a chair said to get them, but since then noblechairs have now come out and are being shouted and screamed for advertising by OCUK but how do the two chairs compete?

Is it worth the little price hike for a noble? If so, how and why? What about the hike from Faux to real leather?

I'd be interested to hear from some who have used both..

Associate
Given how new noblechairs are very few people will have owned both a noblechairs and vertagear.

There's a noblechairs Q&A topic where most people are giving their feedback and the current consensus is that there's quite a major QA issue with the chairs, you have a very high chance of receiving a chair with some quality issue. The OC returns/exchange process is very straightforward though

Associate
OP
small market of people willing to spend £100s for a chair.

I doubt that it's so small to be honest, you could say the same for a high end card or monitor...

Given how new noblechairs are very few people will have owned both a noblechairs and vertagear.

There's a noblechairs Q&A topic where most people are giving their feedback and the current consensus is that there's quite a major QA issue with the chairs, you have a very high chance of receiving a chair with some quality issue. The OC returns/exchange process is very straightforward though

I read the thread, but there are only 6 QC issues reported out of 200+ sold chairs. That isn't to say that the others are perfect, maybe just people are not so fussy or noticed the issues etc.

Although I thought some people may of had a vertagear for a while and then tried a noble chair.. Or even I suppose someone who's sat on both.

OcUK Staff
Having sat on both (noble real leather at home, PL-6000 at work) I'd say you'd be happy with either to be honest. I think I prefer the noble overall, purely because it looks fantastic and I prefer the firmer foam to the slightly softer foam on the PL-6000, but they are both great chairs. Dependant on your budget I'd suggest considering the PU noblechair or the PL-6000. If you aren't looking to spend around £300, I'd consider the SL-2000. I had that as my previous chair at work and for the money it was a very nice chair all round.

Associate
The noble pu black chair is very nice and comfortable (just pray that it arrives in good condition and qc) although tbh they had said that they had fixed those issue's now.

Associate
I bought the verta SL4000 one and it's very uncomfortable. I can't sit on it for a long time, it makes everything hurt. It's good for short session but after a while I have to pull out the ol' armchair. Watching movies while sitting on it is pretty much impossible as well. Some more softer and comfortable leather would be better I suppose.

Associate
Having sat on both (noble real leather at home, PL-6000 at work) I'd say you'd be happy with either to be honest. I think I prefer the noble overall, purely because it looks fantastic and I prefer the firmer foam to the slightly softer foam on the PL-6000, but they are both great chairs. Dependant on your budget I'd suggest considering the PU noblechair or the PL-6000. If you aren't looking to spend around £300, I'd consider the SL-2000. I had that as my previous chair at work and for the money it was a very nice chair all round.

Hi, sorry for resuscitating this thread, but i need to ask you a question, as I am seeking to buy a new chair in the next week.

I noticed the noblechair as a cup design with a curvature on the seat inwards, while the PL6000 seems to offer a little more support for the user`s back, with its padding going a little outwards.

Considering I really dont like those pillows they ship with, what chair in your opinion gave a better back support without them?

Thanks.

OcUK Staff
Honestly, it depends on your body shape. The PL-6000 is aimed at larger or taller users, whereas the EPIC is more of an all round fit. Both could be considered better for back support depending on your height and weight.

Associate
I am more on the big side, weight is 120 kg and height about 1,76cm. My current chair has a seat of about 50 x 45 cm. Its a dead chair now after 10 years of good use, poor chair.

Soldato
Vertagear support has been pretty poor in my experience - my 5000 broke a few months ago and im still waiting on the parts from them - so i bought a noble chair to replace it. I find the vertagear more comfy but the noble looks better.

Soldato
Vertagear support has been pretty poor in my experience - my 5000 broke a few months ago and im still waiting on the parts from them - so i bought a noble chair to replace it. I find the vertagear more comfy but the noble looks better.

This^

Vertagear is awful. Went through 2 350SE and both were faulty and poorly designed. Bought a herman miller aeron second hand very cheap. Amazing quality

Soldato
Very happy with my Noble Chair in PU. Only issue is a slightly rattling wheel when rolling it around. In terms of comfort I find it way more comfortable than the £400 ergonomic office chair I use at work, and it tends to keep me sitting properly.

I find I can sit in it for hours without discomfort when necessary. The firm foam seems very resilient and it hasn't exhibited any sagging, and I must have had it for a year or so.

Back
Top Bottom