Vertex 2 50GB Poor Speed results

Associate
Hi fellas.

Ive also got one of the vertex 2 drives running on a Gigabyte GA-790FXTA-UD5 motherboard. I have the drive itself plugged into one of the Sata 3 ports running in AHCI mode. Ive loaded all of the drivers for the sata controller up and done some other stuff in windows 7 such as disabled indexing and superfecth etc... all of the standard stuff but i am getting less than satisfactory write speeds in atto. The read speeds seem fine but the write only comes close to around 155mb.

Ive uploaded a screen shot here:

sorry if this doesnt come out right but ive not uploaded any screen shots in a long time

22784093.png

does anyone have any suggestions as to how i can increase write performance? without the obvios choices, i.e. sata controller card, new motherboard?

thanks,

Myth.

Associate
Ive just tried that and it makes no difference at all. The only thing that i can think of is that it is the controller on my Motherboard. The only problem with that is that if i can achieve roughly 260MB read speeds then i should be able to do the same with write speeds i would have thought.

Back
Top Bottom