Very bad day.

Soldato
**** the company and **** the supervisor and his chav son.

Dont look back, look forward to getting a new, more exciting job with better prospects and better pay. Good luck with it all :)

Man of Honour
JonRohan said:
Good luck with the new job. Your misfortune may be a blessing. :).

Couldn't have put it better myself. I've had a lot of stuff happen to me as of late but when you put it in retrospect it's weird how things sometimes happen for a reason.

I can appreciate that's probably not what you wanna hear right now, but all in all I'm just trying to say:

GOOD LUCK with the new application!!

Soldato
I think you've just left and closed a very small door, and stumbled across a huge blast door-esque opening. Good luck as you step through it :)

Soldato
Mickey_D said:
Got in a mild disagreement with some protestors today. Came home, got ready for work, went in to work only to find out that out of the almost 100 employees, only 15 are staying on. The rest of us got laid off today. Hence why I am home to post this when I'm normally at work....

Found out that one of the people staying has one third the seniority I do, does less than half the work, has a severe attendance problem, an attitude problem, and is what you folks would call a chav.

Why does he get to stay and I'm laid off? His father is a supervisor there.

Oh, well. Came home and looked up on the Minnesota employment website and found a listing gone up today for a journeyman electrician. $36K-$50K pay and benefits (I'm struggling to make $23K where I just got laid off from). Going to talk to the (hopefully) future bossman tomorrow. He sounded hopeful after hearing of my electrical experience in the navy and my ability to wire my own house up, so it sounds good. Just hoping I'm more of a candidate than anyone else who applies......
good luck with the job mate.

Soldato
Sorry to hear about this Mickey. Do you get any sort of severance package?. Have to say bro, if you were struggling to earn $23k a year this might (with a bit of luck) be a blessing in disguise.

Last edited:

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
Good luck mate - could be bittersweet in that your lay off may allow you that other job in which case it's awesome.

Sorry to hear about your unfortunate position though bud.

Back
Top Bottom