Very impressed with Audi service

Nem

Nem

Associate
I've also recieved what I can only describe as impecable service from my Audi dealer with my TT. Only problem I have is the stupidly high labour charges, at £85 +vat per hour it's costing me a fortune. I suppose you get what you pay for tho.

My TT is going in for it's 80k service this week and I'm looking at a 4 figure bill at the end :eek:

Nick

Associate
I have not had to have any dealership work done yet, the next service (also 80K) is due in 3842 miles. I was going to get new headlamp bulbs fitted when one blew but they wanted £45+VAT so I bought a torx driver from Halfords for a few quid and did them myself.

Associate
Nem said:
I've also recieved what I can only describe as impecable service from my Audi dealer with my TT. Only problem I have is the stupidly high labour charges, at £85 +vat per hour it's costing me a fortune. I suppose you get what you pay for tho.

My TT is going in for it's 80k service this week and I'm looking at a 4 figure bill at the end :eek:

Nick
Why do you not take it to a cheaper garage with lower labour rates? Does it need to go to Audi? A 4 figure bill for an 80k service (or any service come to that) is outrageous!

Last edited:
Associate
Rilot said:
I've had a small problem with my A8 gearbox behaving in an odd fashion so I took it to Martins of Basinggrad for them to have a look at it.
Never have I been so impressed with the attitude and service of a dealer.

Fist up, they advised me to have a conversation with their master technician before he got his hands dirty. I told him about the problem and he knew instantly what it was. Said it may need a new box but there were other things he could do. Tols me it would take a couple of days to investigate.
I took an A6 2.0tdi as a courtesy car and off I went.

Dealer called me that night to advise me they were keeping the car for a couple of days.
Dealer called me the next day to update me on the progress.
Dealer called me the next day to advise me that I was going to need a new gearbox, and torque converter and this would take 5 days. He said therre were 3 possible parts in the gear box that could cause the hesitation I describe but they didn't want to annoy me by pring one after the other and would rather replace the box with a brand new one from the factory. He asked if I was happy with the loan car and I said no as I would have preferred an auto. The service manager offered his brand new Allroad as a replacement so I agreed.

Just had another call from the dealer to advise me of the situation. Gearbox is being fitted and a couple of other niggles I identified (couple of elements not working on the rear de-mist etc.) have been sorted. Am I happy with the Allroad?

This is fantastic service and absolutely how it should be. At no point have I been made to feel bad for complaining about a fault and they have been courteous and helpful at every step of the way.

Right on. I may buy another Audi.

sounds like you were very well looked after there, its just a pity all dealerships arent the same!!!

Associate
Not all dealerships are the same, I had my Audi booked in for 2:00 one afternoon to get the indicator relay replaced, I got there on time sat down and I could see my car through the window and it was still sitting where I parked it more than an hour later and when they finally got round to it the job was done in less than fifteen minutes. It not a major gripe but I would have liked them to have stuck to the appointment so I would have been on my way home by 2:15.

Nem

Nem

Associate
tb2000 said:
Why do you not take it to a cheaper garage with lower labour rates? Does it need to go to Audi? A 4 figure bill for an 80k service (or any service come to that) is outrageous!
They have quoted the following for the service:

£350 for the basic service.
£450 for the cam belt and tensioner change.
Then the extra bits I'v not been quoted for but have to be done I'm told when I booked it in.
Brake fluid system flush and replace every 2 years.
Haldex oil and filter change every 40k.
And then I'm advised to have the water pump replaced at the same time as the cam belt.

I could take it elsewhere, but the 3rd party warrenty which came with the car has more get out clauses than a little. So for this service I'm playing safe with the dealers. Next time I'll be off somewhere cheaper and looking at a different warrenty in April when I renew.

Nick

Permabanned
Good to hear it, have had no experience with the service side of Audi, but down my way, go to the dealer, and ask for a test drive, they wont let you unless you place a NON REFUNDABLE £500 deposit on the car first! Told them where to go. tbh. This may sound strange, but over the course of a few years I became very friendly with my local Vaux dealership. Towards the end of my Astra owership, there was absolutley NOTHING that they would not do for me. Its the attitude of the people who work at the dealership that make it or break it.

Soldato
I think there is a lot of variation from one dealership to another. For instance I went to Holdcroft Honda in Stoke and they were appaling. They ordered the wrong part, then when I came back (having turned down another day's work to get a wheel arch liner sorted) they kept me waiting for three hours.

And they told me I couldn't test drive a CTR unless I agreed to buy it first.

Whereas the service Rilot received seems superb, exceptional. I'm not sure if driving an A8 has anything to do with it. I don't think it does personally, I think he just went to a very good dealership.

Soldato
gurdas said:
Pretty much the same level of service we get from Mercedes, oh and free kitchen with drinks/chocolates upstairs:D

That's because they are so well practiced with Mercs falling to bits so often :p

And free drink/chocolate? My bimmer dealer gives me a free full-english when I go in :)

As for Audi dealers, I've had pretty shoddy service from one, but excellent service from another, so I think it's pot luck. The TTForum always used to be good for picking a good/bad dealer, although I haven't logged in there for some time.

Back
Top Bottom