Very Stuck what to do...

Soldato
I have been looking into getting a Samsung S8 Plus coming from a iPhone 7 Plus all due to being with apple for 10 years an not much changed at all regarding their software.
I like the idea that Android can change a lot. What I need to know is it easy to make Andriod good.. Will i miss the iPhone lol

Soldato
OP
I though the Samsung S8 plus is a newer generation than the iPhone 7 plus. Also though it was a better spec phone like screen

What you guys got. When you moved platform was it easy. I know there slot to learn with android like what apps to get to make it interesting etc

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
OP
Well ive got the lot.

iMac
iPad
MBP
Apple TV
iPhone
Apple Watch.

But the Watch can go back. I suppose am already heavily in apple stuff but surely it can't stop me having android phone if I put google photo etc on them all?

Soldato
OP
You'll miss the iPhone, the 7+ is still the fastest phone. Screen on S8 is better but it falls short everywhere else compared to my iPhone 7. Samsung's Android OS is just nowhere as good as iOS and you'll notice app and actual real world performance isn't as good as the iPhone 7.

Used Android and Windows only for about 2.5 years, within a year I've bought an iPad Air 2, MBP TB, iPhone 7 and an Apple Watch, I don't regret it. The novelty of customising the homescreen and flashing ROM's wore off quickly for me.
Thanks pal. I guess it just a impulse buy.

Stupid really

Soldato
OP
The screen isn't just better, it's worlds better than the iPhone's screen. The cameras are similar, with most review sites giving the S8 the win, but that's probably only relevant to people who spend all day with two images side-by-side looking for the differences. If you just want to point and press, both will be pretty much the same. In other words, it doesn't 'fall short' in every other way. I came from an iPhone 6s+ and I've found Android to be superior, simply because it allows me to set it up so that I can use it all one-handed (I can have additional home screens with my preferred icons all in the bottom-right and I have the 'back' button there as well, therefore everything is within reach) and that's a really big bonus for me. I've also found the themes to be quite good as well. With Apple, you can only use it as Apple wants you to use it and you kind of get the feeling that it's not really your phone.

Having said all that, iOS on the 6s+ was still vastly smoother than Samsung's implementation of Android and it's the one thing I miss about my iPhone. Either way, it's not really worth changing the phone. Wait till every device has a surface-covering display and then decide what you want.
Be interest see screen shots as this sounds ideal

Soldato
OP
I've moved backwards and forwards between Android and iOS for years. I'm now sticking with iOS and the 7+
On paper, the Android devices always utterly destroy the iPhones but it rarely seems to translate in to real-world performance. The best Android device I owned from a user-experience perspective was the Nexus 6P. The worst was the Samsung Note 4. I've owned the Note 2, Note 3, Note 4, S2, S3, S6, HTC M7, M8, Nexus 6P from the Android stable and every iPhone apart from the 5 and the 6S. The S8 does have an utterly fantastic screen though that's for sure.

If you really want Android then get a Pixel (or wait for the Pixel 2). It's pure Android and will get updates in a timely manner for a few years (unlike Samsung, who take months to push updates out and then cripple them with junk).

What you got at moment?

Pixel looks promising and got good screen. So they will android update before any other phones???

Soldato
OP
What I believe is app like messenger and Facebook work different on android and it can annoy people something to do with a icon on side?

Anyone. Screen shot pls

Soldato
OP
Think I just stick with apple had all
Generation of iPhones so could be a painful move

One thing that interest me is back button
At bottom rather than going top screen

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
OP
Not everywhere and in every app
Well that is true but a lot does so i have seen..

HMMM deadline tmr to make the decision what to do.. What Android watch are good to get I was thinking about the samsung but just read it not really Android it there own OS so not as many app for it compare to Android wear?

Back
Top Bottom