Very Stuck what to do...

Permabanned
He should stick with Apple but if he wants Android, he should consider the next Pixel. The S8 despite the hardware is just not as fast or smooth as an iPhone 7, it's a fact and it will most likely slow down the line. Every single person I know who has an S7, lags or stutters to some degree.
I've owned the Galaxy S, Desire HD, One M8, Nexus 7 2012 and 2013, Z3C and Z3, used the S7 and S8, none of them beat the equivalent iPhone's performance. You can do more on Android but if you actually use apps or play games rather than stare at the homescreen, iPhone is better. The iPhone may not do as much as a Galaxy but what it does, it does better.

Surely you'd rather have better quality apps and more choice than change icons of the homescreen or font of the OS. Eg, Shazam didn't even get the auto feature until recently yet iOS had it for several years, there was also the issue of Instagram photos being of lower quality on Android. Little things like scrolling to the top instantly, swiping left to go to the previous screen or Force Touch do really make using iOS better.

I don't buy into any of that and it's not something you can prove from just trying a few apps, some apps are better, some worse and some more or less the same, all depends what apps you regularly use.

It's the same rubbish iPhone users has been spouting for years.

Soldato
OP
What I believe is app like messenger and Facebook work different on android and it can annoy people something to do with a icon on side?

Anyone. Screen shot pls

Associate
I don't buy into any of that and it's not something you can prove from just trying a few apps, some apps are better, some worse and some more or less the same, all depends what apps you regularly use.

It's the same rubbish iPhone users has been spouting for years.
Trying them side by side proves iOS and equivalent App Store apps are better developed. What I do know is Play apps perform best on Pixel devices.
What I believe is app like messenger and Facebook work different on android and it can annoy people something to do with a icon on side?

Anyone. Screen shot pls
You get an floating bubble icon of the person/people you're talking to so you can open the chats from wherever you are in Messenger. The overlays can be turned off.

Soldato
OP
Think I just stick with apple had all
Generation of iPhones so could be a painful move

One thing that interest me is back button
At bottom rather than going top screen

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
Trying them side by side proves iOS and equivalent App Store apps are better developed. What I do know is Play apps perform best on Pixel devices.

You get an floating bubble icon of the person/people you're talking to so you can open the chats from wherever you are in Messenger. The overlays can be turned off.
That's on android 7

Associate
I have been looking into getting a Samsung S8 Plus coming from a iPhone 7 Plus all due to being with apple for 10 years an not much changed at all regarding their software.
I like the idea that Android can change a lot. What I need to know is it easy to make Andriod good.. Will i miss the iPhone lol
I would certainly wait until iOS 11 comes out in September to see what changes that brings.

Soldato
OP
Not everywhere and in every app
Well that is true but a lot does so i have seen..

HMMM deadline tmr to make the decision what to do.. What Android watch are good to get I was thinking about the samsung but just read it not really Android it there own OS so not as many app for it compare to Android wear?

Soldato
users actually prefer the freedom of Android and the better hardware and features Android flagships offer.

I've been an Android user since it pretty much launched, but honestly the better hardware and features is something that iOS has shown to be irrelevant when it translates to real world performance.

I said it before many times and I'll say it again, Android is still behind iOS when it comes to software, at which point the top end hardware doesn't really equate to much.

it's running Android 8.0, when is that coming to the S8? Next year? Total joke.

I don't see why other manufacturers would jump ship at running a beta OS, it's not something your average consumer would do. Let's be real, running a beta is for the nerds amongst us!

Sure Samsung were quick last year to offer a beta programme of Android N, and there is nothing to suggest they won't be one of the first manufacturers to release Android 8 to their flagship phones when it is released officially.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
I don't see why other manufacturers would jump ship at running a beta OS, it's not something your average consumer would do. Let's be real, running a beta is for the nerds amongst us!

Sure Samsung were quick last year to offer a beta programme of Android N, and there is nothing to suggest they won't be one of the first manufacturers to release Android 8 to their flagship phones when it is released officially.

It's going to be released next month (https://www.reddit.com/r/androiddev...on_the_engineering_team_for_android_o_ask_us/). I bet you the S8 still won't get it until next year.

Associate
I read the other day, something like 9% of android users are using the latest version.
Not much point bringing out new versions every year if most people will never use it at the time it is new.By the time a majority are on Nougat we'll probably be on to Popcorn :)

Permabanned
I read the other day, something like 9% of android users are using the latest version.
Not much point bringing out new versions every year if most people will never use it at the time it is new.By the time a majority are on Nougat we'll probably be on to Popcorn :)

Huge number of Android devices out there, most of them are cheap gabrage that will never get updated so the numbers aren't really relevant.

Last edited:
Associate
Apple is like a Big Mac. They are all the same with very little variation.

Android is like 5 guys. Load of variations. Some good, some bad. The amount of choice is a smorgasbord compared to Apple. Set it up one way and if you don't like it, change it for a different style.

Back
Top Bottom