Vieira Signs New 3 Year Deal At Arsenal

Associate
Good to see him stay at Arsenal, I was worried either Man U or Chelsea were gona take him away :D I guess that means Pires will be signing also?

Soldato
w0000000000000000000t, Big Kev my good friend u have made my day or even summer :D

i cant believe it, oh man the relief, dont ever do that to us again paddy, oh man i cant tell you how relieved i am. I never lost hope though, i always said he would stay and thank god he has

I knew he couldnt walk out on us like this, i just knew it!!!!! After all he has been through with us, how could he walk away. He will always have a special connection with the fans, id like to know how much he is on as well. I always knew he was loyal

Last edited:
Soldato
Originally posted by Jazz
w0000000000000000000t, Big Kev my good friend u have made my day or even summer :D

i cant believe it, oh man the relief, dont ever do that to us again paddy, oh man i cant tell you how relieved i am. I never lost hope though, i always said he would stay and thank god he has

I take it your happy he signed eh Jazz ;)

Associate
Lets hope us Liverpool fans are as happy as Jazz with the new summer signings, and lets hope they are announced sometime soon, am getting depressed listening to all the transfer stories and gossip but nothing ever happening, it must be anoying for Spurs supporters, I feel for them now :D

Fair play to Vieira he is committed and loyal to Arsenal thats the kind of players a football team needs.

Soldato
Originally posted by J.D.K
Lets hope us Liverpool fans are as happy as Jazz with the new summer signings, and lets hope they are announced sometime soon, am getting depressed listening to all the transfer stories and gossip but nothing ever happening, it must be anoying for Spurs supporters, I feel for them now :D

Fair play to Vieira he is committed and loyal to Arsenal thats the kind of players a football team needs.

Couldn't agree more :)

Soldato
I heard he is getting £11mill over 3 years, so thats about 70k a week. Considering man utd and R.madrid are willing to cough up probably over 100k a week for him thats worth it, even if we look at the other players in the world and 70k is right for him.

Associate
WOW wages are getting high, I expect Owen & Gerrard to want similar money when they both work out a new deal this year at Liverpool. Reports saying that Kewell wants £70k a week also if he goes to Liverpool, thats serious money, but when you look at it would you rather pay £70k a week to the likes of Vieira or pay £40K a week to the likes of Cygan or Wiltord :D Same can be said for Liverpool, I would rather Owen got £80k a week or more than give Heskey £50k a week for warming the bench,

So now that Vieira and Henry have both committed their future to the club what do you see Pires doing?

Soldato
Originally posted by J.D.K
So now that Vieira and Henry have both committed their future to the club what do you see Pires doing?

Pires will sign, he is trying to get the best deal he can. he will sign in about 4 weeks time

Wiltord is payed 20k a week and cygan is on something similar. that fool kanu is on 40k though and we have offered him 1mill to **** off

Soldato
Dammit :(

I heard Strachan was lining up a spectacularly large bid for us. Talk was of a bid of at least £7m :( I'm gutted now.

;)

Great news for Arsenal though. Its always good to see a player staying loyal to the club that made him the name he is today...

Associate
Yea I was one of those doubters, didn't think Arsenal could afford to cough up anymore money for him, I suppose Henry, Vieira and Pires will all be on the same wage then, now we know why Seaman didn't stay they must have used his wages for the others :D

Soldato
henry isnt on that much and pires wont be offered that much either. henry settled for less and i dont know about pires but he wont be given 70k a yr

seaman leaving has freed up some wages, hopefully kanu will be leaving as well, also bergkamp taking a pay cut.

This is what david dein said today:

reporter: what does this mean to the club?
dein: (in short) this is big. this was our target all along was to secure the services of our talent already here.
it is no good signing anyone new if our current players who are the foundations and main core that makes us succesful leave.
it is this mix with the new players is what builds a good team.

reporter: anyone else in the target sight?
dein: well of course we want Robert, Freddie, Thierry and the like to all stay long term.

reporter: what about Dennis?
dein: we want dennis to stay too.

reporter: it is much publicised your current economical situation. is it really that bad?
dein: it is our policy not to comment on such matters but if we were really that hard up for money, we would not be striking deals like this.

reporter: any new signings?
dein: I can't answer that...thank you.

Associate

I knew he couldnt walk out on us like this, i just knew it!!!!! After all he has been through with us, how could he walk away. He will always have a special connection with the fans, id like to know how much he is on as well. I always knew he was loyal

anyone else think Jazz might have wet himself? :o

good news for me, i expect a small share rise, and i bought some yesterday when they dipped again, i'm beginning to support arsenal, they make me money :)

Soldato
Originally posted by Kanes
anyone else think Jazz might have wet himself? :o

good news for me, i expect a small share rise, and i bought some yesterday when they dipped again, i'm beginning to support arsenal, they make me money :)

hehe naah i didnt wet myself :D

Nice to see ur becoming an arsenal fan, for the wrong reasons though ;)

Associate
Nice to see ur becoming an arsenal fan, for the wrong reasons though ;)

well i suppose under your logic, i suppose man utd/arsenal/chelsea and for precisely 36 days, i supported millwall ;)

i will actually being going to see an arsenal match, the company i work for has a box at highbury, and i plan on going to arsenal vs Man Utd, because the CEO is a man yoo fan and i plan on sucking up like a dyson ;)

Back
Top Bottom