View 71 new build

Soldato
Here is my basic but nice red view 71 build ive been saying i would post.

ghbIFtO.jpg

Top of case with the glass removed showing where the glass sits on to.

IN51EIq.jpg

Case front showing where glass mounts are, its good there like this as whjen you put the glass ojn them it stops the glass from moving about and makes holding them in place while you screw in place much easier.

8qj999k.jpg

Front panel removed from case, while these simply pull off the case, they seem sturdy enough, but i do wonder how long pulling them off will last in terms of the connectors breaking which are hard plastic.

50iVhiV.jpg

Case front with fitted blue fan which comes with the case and front removed, this is where i will be fitting a 360mm rad with vadar white fans. Also this is a 60mm rad.

dx9rol0.jpg

I realised after taking the pic i had put fans on wrong way around so had to turn them around, doh!

cqqbKOX.jpg

This is showing the top mount which is removable. and shows its current offset position and the other hole for its non offset placement.

JLyyiTe.jpg

5pyRaA3.jpg

Top rad in place with fans pulling through the rad for positive pressure all around the case. Also showing the gap between the rad and motherboard.

UXmJB9Y.jpg

Ta3iuL8.jpg

This shows the space between the 2 360 mm rads with 60mm thicknesses where they meet up. Also the other side the top rad could go across a fair bit more if you didnt want them as near each other as this.

JxCSwoI.jpg

The next pic shows the motherboard fitted and psu, but also shows more of the top bracket for rad mount and its placements for rad fittings.
You can also see the riser card mount for gpu which comes with the case.

ss4j3vw.jpg

Gpu riser mount.

CjErYfx.jpg

Hdd mounts around the back of the case as well for 2.5" and 3.5" Drives supported.

9p3Slik.jpg

gh9uSuE.jpg

To get my D5 water pump fitted i would need to remove the HDD cadies, to do this they unscrew from around the back of the case.

cH2MNly.jpg

The drive caddies are very sturdy and dont move at all.

3CnWzW6.jpg

Showing 3 drives fitted to the mounting areas at the back of the case.

6Fwrpqq.jpg

v0Vayf4.jpg

Now to fit the cables to the bottom of the 2 3.5" hdd i had to remove it from the case and then fit them as there is not enough room to fit them with it in situ.

7DT2iw5.jpg

Cleaned CPU block.

DOjsLe9.jpg

CPU block fitted, also shows space between modules and top rad.

6QuEH2C.jpg

The box of bits n bobs that comes with the case.

AfT535A.jpg

I purchased a Thermaltake Premium riser cable so i could mount the gpu on the bracket to display it in all its glory. I read the earlier versions suffer from signal loss problems etc, expensive but was it worth its hefty price tag?

sth54gB.jpg

This shows all the pipework in place and pump fitted, also the gpu in position, just needed to fill the loop and see if the results were any good.

VK2TWSo.jpg

I went with Mayhems Aurora red for the loop this time around, fed up with the wifes choice of green lol.

iKhSbta.jpg

S66dspF.jpg

Z5INKiV.jpg

kftHRb0.jpg

8OOhvN9.jpg

OIPHtdk.jpg

KN9FSzg.jpg

Now i see in a review they mentioned about the feet of the case leaving rubber black scuff marks on white surfaces. Well here is my experience with the case while building it at least and what it left behind is not ideal.

vuAMXNO.jpg

In this build i have a Hue+ lighting setup and i have managed to put the box that controls the lighting in the top of the case between the rad in its offset position and and the back of the case, so completely out of sight.
I also havew an Aquero which i managed to mount in the back of the case as well, the cable management space is plentiful and im sure others would do a far better job thean myself :)
The Riser cable in use has thus far not given me any issues whilst gaming, my fps is the same as its always been with my 1080TI. Still think they are expensive and think they should be a lot cheaper IMO.

I have not used the thermaltake riing fans with lighting and so far opted to just use the HUE+ lighting. To me at present this is sufficient and adds some mystery to the case as its not as bright as some of the pics have come out. Darker in some areas giving a nice look.
I have considered the Halos for my vadar fans so i keep the rad cooling they give and silence compared with some, but im happy with the results so far.
All in all a very good case, a lot of space and great for different build options.

Also just remembered that when i did my last water build i could not get the flow any higher than 130 lph @ 100% pump poweer. well for what ever reason i have much better flow this time around and at 77% pump power i have 193 lph so much much better.

Last edited:
Permabanned
very nice. I've chosen to go with an XSPC EX360 crossflow up top, it is a thinner rad but hopefully it does the job
for the front I've chosen an XSPC RX360, I'm not sure which revision it is as it wasn't stated on the shop web page ( not from here, found it £30 cheaper elsewhere )

Permabanned
Which pump/res combo would you all recommend? For an all out who cares about money I've thought about getting the EK dual D5 pump but I know I don't need it, It's just I want more than 3.9 head pressure that you get from the single D5.
What I mean is I'm of my first ever loop at the moment and I'm not getting what I was expecting from it. At first temps were abysmal hitting 60-70c is AC syndicate ( yeah I know but I enjoy it ) but that seems to have calmed down to 55C max, not sure if it's due to a colder environment
or just that all the air is out of it now. I've seen posts from people who state that their GPU temp only rises 10C max while gaming but for me I idle between 22-25C and 55C seems a bit excessive. Although AC seems to be the only game to push the temps this high?

Associate
Thanks for the positive replies peeps, much appreciated.

awesome work...when i get mine i will first use an AIO as i have never water cooled before...but i really want to attempt it with this case...but i will need to save more money first and also attempt to mod my enthoo evolv front and top panels for better airflow...thank you for uploading the build pics and thread...you are so correct when you say it left a little mystery to the build...love it

Soldato
OP
awesome work...when i get mine i will first use an AIO as i have never water cooled before...but i really want to attempt it with this case...but i will need to save more money first and also attempt to mod my enthoo evolv front and top panels for better airflow...thank you for uploading the build pics and thread...you are so correct when you say it left a little mystery to the build...love it

Many thanks for your kind words, Its a lovely case to work with and gives good results, airflow isnt too bad either.

Soldato
OP
I will post up some actual figures later when i game again, my house is quite warm ambient wise so this will effect what you see.

As for dust i can say its actually been quite good, bairly any in the case at all and ive not had to empty the dust filters yet, im sure they must need doing soon though.

Its a slightly noisier case than the riing edition i had before it, but i am running less rads so figures i guess.

I love the case itself and pleased with my purchase thus far, as i say temps to follow.

Idle temps right now are -

XjjjHCD.jpg

1080ti is ocd as is the 5820k :)
pump is running at 77% i may need to turn that down a touch lol water flow is 195.8 l/h
I have finished a gaming session about ten minutes ago.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom