Viewsonic 22" Widescreen is coming.....

Soldato
fish99 said:
How come people in this thread have there's connected through the DVI if you're saying it doesn't have a DVI input? Very odd. Or do you mean it didn't have the cable?

It refers to the Acer, from this comment earlier

DanF said:
I don't quite understand why this costs so much from OCUK, the Acer AL2216W is meant to use the same panel, has very similar specs but is availible delivered to your door for £260, that's a £110 + p&p difference :eek:
And
fornowagain said:
Bought one. Said it was DVI, it wasen't, didn't even turn it on. Straight back. Might try the Viewsonic VX2235WM or Samsung SM225BW both about another £50

Last edited:
Associate
i feel sorry for the guys who are having troubles mine is perfect im surprised that the samsungs and acers are not having the same issues they are actually built using the same 2nd gen TN panel for some tai company

Associate
Another update my flickering green pixels are back they seem to come and go as they please, and they follow the particular picture around the screen making me think its not a pixel defect more a bigger problem, basically they follow darker shaded areas (dark greys, greens etc.) any ideas if VS will replace it?

NS

Associate
Mine appear to have gone for the minute. Checked my cable and was a bit loose on the graphics card end, so i tightened it up and everything now appears fine. Touching wooden like desk as if it was a woman.
Hopefully that was all the problem was. :confused: :rolleyes:

I spoke too soon got back from work and there they were again. :( Thinks it almost time to get in touch with Viewsonic. :mad:

Last edited:
Associate
Got mine yesterday with 1 flashing green pixel but a gentle run around the area has brought it back into life.

Chaps how much light bleed are you getting from your monitors? I noticed it while watching dvd's a visible dark grey stripe on the top and bottom of the screen where it should be black.

Could someone hide there icons, remove background image and select a black desktop, I get a dark grey stripe top and bottom some on the sides too. My VX912 was perfect is this normal for large tft panels?

Cheers
Barry

Man of Honour
it's normal for most TFT's to have some degree of panel CCFL leakage around the edges and is down to construction and build quality really. Some models it's worse than others but you could expect some slight variations in panel uniformity on most TFT's

Back
Top Bottom