Viewsonic 22" Widescreen is coming.....

Soldato
geordiepaul said:
Just found 2 dead pixels!! Nice!

Do I need to speak to Viewsonic or OC?

For 2 dead pixels, neither, you'll have to accept it or look into distance selling regulations if you find them unacceptable. Limit is something like 7 unless it's a 'VP' model.

Try gently massaging them back into life.

Associate
I ordered one now! :D Ill post whether I get any dead pixels or not. Hopefully not but if I do get some I may just keep it anyway if it's not to bad. I want to know how many people actually got one without any bad pixels at all. :)

Last edited:
Associate
V1N said:
For what it's worth, I got mine on Thursday, connected via DVI, and no dead pixels, so they're not all bad.

V1N.

Does the monitor come with a DVI cable?
Also would it be worth buying another GFX card,As at the moment i have a Geforce 6200,And i cant really afford another Card besides the monitor :(

Soldato
Really do hate this dead pixel business, mind u if I spend £200-300+ I expect perfection :p

My viewsonic just packed up yesterday so ive emailed them the details and since its only 2 years old should be able to get it replaced....

I guess I got lucky with the last Viewsonic 19inch TFT no dead pixels but theres a slight blackwave almost on the right handside....barely noticable though.

Associate
Just to update, after the initial flashing green pixels that disappeared (see post above a few) mine is still working perfectly and not one single defective pixel (im running DVI with the cable that came with the screen too)

NS

jel

jel

Associate
It came on time and all i can say is WOW. I must have got a good 1, no missing/dead pixels and it rocks in cs:s and eve.
I am a happy man ;))

Soldato
:) I got my monitor replaced today just wondering how other people got on getting there monitors replaced due to the evil dead or flickering pixel monster?

Associate
Ok so is this monitor any good then ??? honestly , or is the samsung better?

I like the fact that this uses less power - BUT i prefer the tilt adjust stand on the samsung! Can you adjust the bast on this thing?

Not sure about the pixel problem either, i already have a viewsonic with a stuck pixel - i dont want another !

Associate
fornowagain said:
Bought one. Said it was DVI, it wasen't, didn't even turn it on. Straight back. Might try the Viewsonic VX2235WM or Samsung SM225BW both about another £50

why didnt you turn it on? dvi isnt always better than analogue.

Soldato
hedgey said:
why didnt you turn it on? dvi isnt always better than analogue.
For one it was advertised as having DVI and it didn't

It's one of the debates that's been going for years, analogue vs digital. Sticking in two extra stages, DAC/ADC, adds noise, simple rules of signal to noise ratio. Cheap displays can have low ADC sampling rates, you can lose signal and not now it. Not to mention any processing lag. Studio quality component is a different story of course. From my POV, I've had over a dozen HD display devices, projectors, HDTV's, monitors. I've yet to see a better analogue signal, when digital is available (excluding any rescaling, assuming native pixel mapping). To me it always looks slighty more fuzzy(text), ghosting/jitter edges, dot crawl, etc. For years I've seen the claims about analogue, I'm sure a poorly optimised digital signal is worse YMMV, in my experience it's generally weaker. You try looking at an 8ft wide high bitrate 1080p image in analogue/digital, even with a top of the range faroudja ADC chip it's less defined with more noise, although it has improved a lot tbh. I've seen the odd occasion where the RGBHV ADC resampling smoothes a poor source and making the image more watchable. On the whole, unless its a CRT, I'll stay in the digital domain thanks.

Last edited:
Soldato
How come people in this thread have there's connected through the DVI if you're saying it doesn't have a DVI input? Very odd. Or do you mean it didn't have the cable?

Back
Top Bottom