Vince's Ebay Repair Thread - (Console Repairs & Mods)

Soldato
@Vince Apologies if this is mentioned somewhere in the other 100 pages however for someone that's looking to get into this do you have any advice on the 'essential' kit they should have? Or is it very much dependent on the issue?

Man of Honour
OP
@Vince Apologies if this is mentioned somewhere in the other 100 pages however for someone that's looking to get into this do you have any advice on the 'essential' kit they should have? Or is it very much dependent on the issue?

100 pages? You need to enable man sized pages my dude! Only 21 pages here! Ill answer this a bit later on tonight with a list of stuff I use on the regular! I started with just a soldering iron and a dream... Now I have all kinds of random stuff, some of it I use all the time other stuff is just kinda there and rarely gets used. Will do you a little list! :)

Man of Honour
OP
Im going to be hitting the queue fairly hard this weekend gents - Hope to have lots of updates for you. :) - had another load of stuff turn up including a MK1 sms from the USA sent in for repair so we shall see how much we can crack out in the next few days.

Man of Honour
OP
@Vince What's your favourite console to play on? What's your favourite to work on?

Good question - I probably play with the swan the most! Something really cool about that old console! Plus its got a wicked version of tetris! In terms of what to work on probably game gears and switches are what I am best at!

Soldato
Im going to be hitting the queue fairly hard this weekend gents - Hope to have lots of updates for you. :) - had another load of stuff turn up including a MK1 sms from the USA sent in for repair so we shall see how much we can crack out in the next few days.

What was wrong with that other card, did you look at it yet? No hurry but obviously the RAM replacement was fine, maybe. :p

Man of Honour
OP
Hey @Vince , just remembered about the wee radio I offered you when I seen it sitting in the garage!

Still fancy it?

Kind Regards

I do fancy it... although the backlog is still somewhat big...:mad: - I have been so busy with the proper job and ill that I have been struggling a bit to find the time... People keep sending stuff and im not getting through it as quick as it is coming in.

Soldato
You need to take on staff!
I do fancy it... although the backlog is still somewhat big...:mad: - I have been so busy with the proper job and ill that I have been struggling a bit to find the time... People keep sending stuff and im not getting through it as quick as it is coming in.

Man of Honour
OP
This thread is still absolutely lovely. Keep on keeping on.

Ahh man, thanks dude, there are genuinely some awesome people out there! Had a random package turn up today from a customer who sends me a lot of switch stuff and in the box is a random present! A genuine copy of Pokemon Blue and a couple of tubes of decent flux... Dude remembered a convo we had like a year ago so when he saw a broken copy of pokemon blue he sent it my way! What a legend! This is why I love working on this stuff, the community and people I have met are second to none! Legends!

Last edited:
Associate
Good question - I probably play with the swan the most! Something really cool about that old console! Plus its got a wicked version of tetris! In terms of what to work on probably game gears and switches are what I am best at!

Funny you should say switches.... :)

Son just handed me his to look at, has error 2107-0445. Not sure how old it is I bought it second hand from the MM.

Have removed memory card and reset, works for a few mins then same error.

Dead you think? Google seems to think it's a hardware error.

Man of Honour
OP

Son just handed me his to look at, has error 2107-0445. Not sure how old it is I bought it second hand from the MM.

That error is normally related to a failed WiFi ic. It's a glass bga chip with about 300 balls. One of my favourite IC's to replace second I show you a pic..

Here is one I fixed with that same error last week!! I also have an oled on my bench right now that needs some rework again with that same error!

Last edited:
Associate

Just reset it again after updating and so far seems ok. Will keep an eye on it and see if it reoccurs.

Also just seen your reply, hopefully it's ok if not good to know it can be fixed :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom