Vince's Ebay Repair Thread - (Console Repairs & Mods)

Soldato
I filled it with plasto sanded it a bit and layed down a filler primer on that section and some plasticoat. Seems really decent and should hold up.. I took to it with my nails and a set of keys.. it's on there good... I did debate trying to match the grey but given it would look just bad if I got it wrong I thought black looked the obvious choice.

I actually own it now as i traded it for a fully working not damaged machine so and am only into it a relatively small amount it owes me about 60 quid.

Tbh it's a shame you can't buy lynx shells but I guess they are a bit niche
You did a great job of it!

Man of Honour
OP
Ive not searched the thread, but what are your typical labour charges? You surely must be charging well for your services? Even for Friends and Family?

Depends mostly on here ill look at something for free most of the time :) - Ill give you an idea on some other recent ones though...

A dude sent in a cd32 (you can see it earlier in the thread) - It kinda worked but wouldn't display - I did a complete restoration on it and 2 pads... full recap complete board overhaul, drilled out the rotten pads, printed new dpads on a resin printer and restored them, replaces the cables with ones from a megadrive pad and re-did the pinout... That cost the guy nearly £200 in restoration costs...

other repairs like switches etc ill basically beat pretty much any price. It really depends on what it is, how much time I need to put in to it, that sort of thing....

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
AyaNeo Air Pro anybody?

Threw a gulikit in it!! It already had halls but sadly they were broken... as were the hall triggers...

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
@Martini1991 - I think it's time to send you your laptop back mate.. I've failed on it like crazy. Had another go today and I just can't find what's wrong with it. I have a small suspicion it's cpu but I can't be sure.

Soldato
AyaNeo Air Pro anybody?

Threw a gulikit in it!! It already had halls but sadly they were broken... as were the hall triggers...
Played any games on it? A mate was really proud of the form factor of the one he picked up off eBay then bag mouthed my steam deck so I didn’t have an objective go on the thing

Man of Honour
OP
Played any games on it? A mate was really proud of the form factor of the one he picked up off eBay then bag mouthed my steam deck so I didn’t have an objective go on the thing

I prefer the deck... the software on this thing is junk!

Back
Top Bottom