Vince's Ebay Repair Thread - (Console Repairs & Mods)

not sure anyone cant help but have a G29, i took cover off to take of those dam clamps, but now its calibrating off centre, like 90 degree off center, the light is blinking on top, windows is telling me its pulling like diagonally right, windows cant calibrate as saying theres a fault, is it a throw in bin job as obviously damaged something on opening

I'd say it's fixable!! Probably some sort of sensor or something has been broken or something.... probably be quite interesting to fix

All very technical I know but you never really know until you have a look inside and work out how it all works.

Last edited:
I'd say it's fixable!! Probably some sort of sensor or something has been broken or something.... probably be quite interesting to fix

All very technical I know but you never really know until you have a look inside and work out how it all works.
Hi
Thanks for the reply, wasn't sure if anyone could help, would you be interested in looking at it? Or if not for you point me in direction who could help as rather try save something, rather than binning as seems a waste
Thx

Hi
Thanks for the reply, wasn't sure if anyone could help, would you be interested in looking at it? Or if not for you point me in direction who could help as rather try save something, rather than binning as seems a waste
Thx

I have a little backlog at the moment but would happily have a look at it for you. You can just swing it my way and as long as you aren't in a crazy rush I will have a look at it for you!

I have a little backlog at the moment but would happily have a look at it for you. You can just swing it my way and as long as you aren't in a crazy rush I will have a look at it for you!
No rush at all. Take as long as you want. Am interested how you get on with this. I sort out a courier.

Thank you so much for looking at it.

It's home!

y7EPtn9h.jpg

Controller connected over Bluetooth and working perfectly again! I haven't tested the WiFi yet as I usually have it connected via Ethernet but no doubt that's fine too.

Can't thank you enough Vince, I was a bit gutted when I thought it might be slowly failing so it's great to have it back to full health again. :)

It's home!

y7EPtn9h.jpg

Controller connected over Bluetooth and working perfectly again! I haven't tested the WiFi yet as I usually have it connected via Ethernet but no doubt that's fine too.

Can't thank you enough Vince, I was a bit gutted when I thought it might be slowly failing so it's great to have it back to full health again. :)
It's an absolute pleasure dude. I even gave it a re-paste and a service while I was in there so she should be good for many years to come!!

Ah brilliant, just had a little session of Savage Moon and it was running very nicely. :)

If you ever fancy a tougher challenge at some point, I've got a fat 40GB PS3 in my parents' loft which YLoD'd about 12 years ago :D

Ah brilliant, just had a little session of Savage Moon and it was running very nicely. :)

If you ever fancy a tougher challenge at some point, I've got a fat 40GB PS3 in my parents' loft which YLoD'd about 12 years ago :D

We could hook up some uart and read it's codes. The sad truth is that it will likely need an RSX swap for a 40nm RSX. Everything else is a band aid...

That rsx chip is an absolute monster mind, not an easy thing at all to swap but a properly sorted backwards ps3 is money.

We could hook up some uart and read it's codes. The sad truth is that it will likely need an RSX swap for a 40nm RSX. Everything else is a band aid...

That rsx chip is an absolute monster mind, not an easy thing at all to swap but a properly sorted backwards ps3 is money.
I thought as much, I think I said before I managed to revive it with a heatgun for long enough to get my save files off it and then it died again. Maybe I'll bring it back down with me next time I'm up visiting them though and send it your way, it still oddly has some sentimental value and although lots of people hated the look of the fat PS3s I always liked it. It's one of the non-BC ones though so probably not much value even if it is brought back from the dead unfortunately!

Inspired by your amazing thread I decided to have a go at curing my overheating Xbox One X - Has been an amazing console that I'm in no rush to replace, but started falling over due to heat recently.

I hadn't repasted a CPU for probably 15 years! Took my time striping it down, cleaning as I went, and repasted the CPU. All seemed to go ok on the rebuild!

Got my son playing testing it for me now :D

Top man... I've got some cheap toys I couldn't sat no to...

Picked up for 150.... nothing wrong with the elite series 2 pad but the series x turns on and immediately off...

I couldn't believe how expensive the pads are!!!

Last edited:
Five quid wii u gamepad.. threw a new charge port in it and its good!!

I actually bought a wii U console and Mario 3d World just so I could test so ultimately its cost me more to fix and test it than its worth but I do have another one and that only needed a port as well and was also only a fiver so happy days.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom