Virgin Media Discussion Thread

Underboss
Gents,

My wife currently holds a VM contract which is overdue for renewal, they won't match the new customer deals so am I right in thinking I can sign up for a new account and get the new customer deals?

What happens to the current equipment etc? Not done this before but with the current deals and the cash back offer I have found it works out pretty good.

Any potential pitfalls I need to lookout for?

Caporegime
Gents,

My wife currently holds a VM contract which is overdue for renewal, they won't match the new customer deals so am I right in thinking I can sign up for a new account and get the new customer deals?

What happens to the current equipment etc? Not done this before but with the current deals and the cash back offer I have found it works out pretty good.

Any potential pitfalls I need to lookout for?

Once the service is cancelled sign up in your name.

You'll be without internet for a week while you wait for the new equipment to arrive etc. They'll send the box to return the old stuff and that's it really.

I did it a few months a go and didn't have any issues. Going through Topcashback I got £220 on the Full House bundle, making it effectively £36 a month.

Underboss
Thanks @Azza - I spoke to VM Online and they said the contracts are per household so we would be without but I didn't know how long that would be.

I can live with a couple of weeks, the bundle I've seen is £85 pm with the VIP bundle and £250 cashback making it around £65.

Caporegime
Thanks @Azza - I spoke to VM Online and they said the contracts are per household so we would be without but I didn't know how long that would be.

I can live with a couple of weeks, the bundle I've seen is £85 pm with the VIP bundle and £250 cashback making it around £65.

When the old account is still active on VMs end when you go to order the only option will be about moving home, I think it updated the day after the account in my partners name ended.

If you do a dummy order with a neighbours address or someone on the street without VM it'll give you a calendar so you can see how long delivery of equipment would take.

Caporegime
FFS.

My Virgin connection is diabolical now, getting top 96Mbps when it should be over 200. That's wired into the superhub 2ac.

This connection is annoying me greatly now.

Edit: hmmmmm maybe it's a driver on my laptop, my iPhone shows a connection speed of 220Mb.

My PC also shows the same.

Last edited:
Associate
As it's loading so slow i can't even........................................................... read.......................................................................... your ........................................................................ text .................................................................. .

Caporegime
Right, it seems like my connection is now back to full speed, however sabnzb is not maxing my connection, I used to get 20Mb transfer rates now it won't go over 8, anything I can do?

Back
Top Bottom