Virgin Media Discussion Thread

Soldato
I am on 9.1.116.603, and everything definitely seems more stable. Previously I was getting particularly poor performance with my Xbox One with frequent disconnect from game servers etc. Since the update it has been great.

Permabanned
How do I update the router to new version does this improve it if I use it in modem mode too ?
The best and only way to try and 'force' the update is to factory reset your SH3.

Oh and yes the improvement is across the board. I've never used a SuperHub 1, 2 or 3 in router mode, always been in modem only mode.

Last edited:
Permabanned
I'm not a online gamer so I can't comment on the improvements but here is a quote from a gamer on the VM forums.
@MS8

"I know this is currently off topic but people that have the new update and are gamers, have you noticed any improvement in ping and lag spikes while playing?"

Think it's much better. I have not come 1st in any Titanfall 2 match since getting the HUB 3 about a year ago. This is when I found this forum and all the people here who know such a lot about modems. Prior to my enlightenment thought modems were simple things. I shall get the V6 box now when I've watch all my recorded stuff. With the HUB 3's previous, before update state, would not have even considered it.

Yesterday after the patch I came 1st, twice. Even in LIVEFIRE where all the hardcore players reside I got 5 kills, usually I get zero and start accusing everyone of cheating and insulting their mothers.......yes, that moron is me.
16x16_smiley-happy.gif

I'm going to do a post on my clansite about this with before and after screenshots of the update. This is not a trick to get you there it's just I will post a lot of pics, too much for here.

http://thenitwitts.enjin.com/forum/m/28206608/viewforum/5250475

I actually spent 2 hours on the phone to Virgin India and spoke to 8 different staff giving my name and details 8x over as my connection collapsed into packet loss armageddon after an engineer visit last monday.

Anyway got them to send an engineer/software expert/tech genius/really good bloke for monday. Which I will cancel.
16x16_smiley-mad.gif
as think this is well fixed now.

Soldato
Does anyone know if virgin are going to introduce HD channels to online streaming any time soon? 720p atleast?

Coming from sky and sky go, the online streaming quality is pants.

Soldato
Meant to check ours after reading about this yesterday. May have missed it restarting already if it did.
Any way I could check on the web interface whether I'm on the latest one?

Soldato
I think it's established now that the recent update has improved peoples ping graphing. Is anybody actually feeling the difference though? Were people getting the problems and now they've been upgraded they aren't?
I hate to look like I'm sat with a tin foil hat on but you can't help but wonder if they fixed the problem or made it look like the problem went away, after all it's "unfixable" due to the hardware.

Back
Top Bottom