Virgin Media Discussion Thread

Associate
Soldato
OK so the guy from Virgin Media turned up to put the v6 box in...But, the box has to be connected to the internet by either Wireless or Ethernet , we were not told this and he wanted to swap out our hub 2 for a hub 3 which cant be in modem mode for the first 24 hours ( we use the hub2 in modem mode with an asus 68u router ) plus I use a splitter too, But lol after getting onto the phone to he " mate " ..he just connected ( wireless ) the v6 box to the asus router , I was also told by him that we can use an Ethernet connection too , which I'm going to do , anyone else had the same kinda day lol

Soldato
I went for self install and the first agent was a joke because I was in modem mode.(offshore) called back and got a chap from the UK who activated the box and let me set it up with my own gear. They did provided me with a set of Netgear power adapters.

Soldato
Ran my first speedtest since the latest firmware and seems that it's raised my download speed slightly:

7086565009.png

Man of Honour
They've always tended to set the connection speed in the modem to ~10% higher than advertised to cover off any overhead lost & guess it looks better in the speedtests & average speeds that they can use for advertising too. That is quite a bit higher than that though!

edit: You can see the connection speed by going to 'Router Status' in the top right corner of the superhub config page before you login. Mine is connected at 112mbit.

Last edited:
Soldato
They've always tended to set the connection speed in the modem to ~10% higher than advertised to cover off any overhead lost & guess it looks better in the speedtests & average speeds that they can use for advertising too. That is quite a bit higher than that though!

edit: You can see the connection speed by going to 'Router Status' in the top right corner of the superhub config page before you login. Mine is connected at 112mbit.

That's because a large amount of people on the 300 package are actually on a 350 package. If you check the online account, you can see the VIVID 350 listed. Also, the config sent to the SH3 on VIVID 350 is for 410Mbit down and 22Mbit up.

Soldato
We were gonna have to have the Hub3 to be able to use the new v6 box, but as we run the v6 box through a 3rd party router and not the Superhub( it's in modem mode)..we dont need the hub3( it needs to be setup for wireless only for 24Hrs before it can be used with Ethernet ) .

Soldato
I never noticed the issue before hand unlike others on here.

We were gonna have to have the Hub3 to be able to use the new v6 box, but as we run the v6 box through a 3rd party router and not the Superhub( it's in modem mode)..we dont need the hub3( it needs to be setup for wireless only for 24Hrs before it can be used with Ethernet ) .

Thanks guys, I understand a trial update is out also that seems to cure the issues slightly, I don't know if I should just chance it with the HUB3, decisions.

Back
Top Bottom