Virgin Media Discussion Thread

Soldato
if i put the superhub into modem mode and use my own router will it lower the latency of the connection? dunno if taking routing tasks away from the super hub frees up its cpu much.

also superhub 3 is a load of pap, it doesnt even allow u to change the ip address for the local network and makes me stick to the 192.168.0.x scheme.
even super hub 2 allowed me to change that setting.

Soldato
I just updated to hub3 last night and straight away it downloaded the latest firmware. My Think Broadband graph looks as good as the hub2 :)

No complaints so far

Area Reference 10

Soldato
Hi
I have been having issues of late with zen and with all the new housing developments around it seems i am now a victim of congestion at the exchange.

Virgin installed here about 6 months ago and so far i have seen very few installations take place or noticed the gardens been dug up to run the cable.
I've read and heard the horror stories but may be willing to give them a try as i can get internet only vivid 200 for the same price as zen.

Catch is im with Sky for TV until November, if i add a TV package then would i still get access to the introductory offers and bundle discounts?
Means i miss out on quidco and any other promos as i will be an existing customer

Man of Honour
Virgin installed here about 6 months ago and so far i have seen very few installations take place or noticed the gardens been dug up to run the cable.
If you have a lawn then they don't dig up anything as such, more just make a line / prise open for the cable to drop into then it joins up again after. The easier way to tell is to look for the VM brown box on the property wall.

Soldato
Hi
I have been having issues of late with zen and with all the new housing developments around it seems i am now a victim of congestion at the exchange.

I've read and heard the horror stories but may be willing to give them a try as i can get internet only vivid 200 for the same price as zen.

Catch is im with Sky for TV until November, if i add a TV package then would i still get access to the introductory offers and bundle discounts?
Means i miss out on quidco and any other promos as i will be an existing customer

If you log into the SH3 and check the settings how many channels are you connected to, Should be 20 on the download.

Soldato
No your saying your subject to congestion, if your not connected to all 20 channels that's where your problem is, when I got VM the first time after it was put on our estate they hadn't connected all the channels up and I only had 8 which resulted in slow speeds in a evening, once they 'opened' it and I've been on all 20 since with no issues to speed.

He's subject to congestion on his Zen line and at his BT exchange. That's why he's asking about switching to Virgin.

Soldato
Even though I've been on the 350 package for months VM have finally sent a email through this afternoon stating that they've increased speed from Vivid 300 to Vivid 350 and that is what will now appear on my bills and account.

Associate
Been out of contract now for about 5 months, paying £41.99 for 200mb B/B & landline (never used) & each time I've been told they can't offer me a better deal. :(

Im in the same boat , I was on live chat earlier and was told my £43 for 100mb & landline is the absolute best deal available.
I would have took a bump to 200mb quite happily :( I’ll have to go through to retentions I guess and see what’s on offer

Soldato
Im in the same boat , I was on live chat earlier and was told my £43 for 100mb & landline is the absolute best deal available.
I would have took a bump to 200mb quite happily :( I’ll have to go through to retentions I guess and see what’s on offer
I'm paying £44 for some crappy tv package that I haven't got connected and VIVID 350

Back
Top Bottom