Virgin Media Discussion Thread

Soldato
Im in the same boat , I was on live chat earlier and was told my £43 for 100mb & landline is the absolute best deal available.
I would have took a bump to 200mb quite happily :( I’ll have to go through to retentions I guess and see what’s on offer

They offered me the same but for £48 (even though the deal for new customers was £37). I cancelled.

Soldato
I find offers are hard to get, maybe we just don't do it right, having had ntl/vm for so long we are always hesitant to go down the route of requesting cancellation in the hope they phone back a week later with a good deal.
Apart from BT, never really wanted to go with Sky as we don't want a dish stuck to the house.
Anyway we were paying £83 for 100BB, XL TV, Talk Anytime, TIVO box.

Now pay £73 for vivid 350, Mix TV, Talk Anytime, TV6 box, not exactly a deal as its the standard price but they gave us Sky Cinema package free for a year plus some extra free phone premium phone numbers.

Still cheaper than what we were paying.

Permabanned
...Still cheaper than what we were paying.
That's all you ask for. If you can pay less and get more than you had last year then that is a result. VM are not giving as much discount as they've done in previous years probably for a variety of reasons. You were giving them quite a bit originally so you were in a good bargaining position in the first place.

Soldato
Does anyone's SH3 drop connection(not restart) a lot?
I think it's the SH3 as if I turn off the NAS and wireless devices it's ok.
I have a PC\NAS\TV\smart hub and two wireless devices connected. I've had the VM guy out 4 times and it's still the same :(

Associate
I was having real problem with my SH2, it kept dropping the connection every min for a second or so. I work from home and each time it went down my work VPN dropped and my server sessions kept dying.

The tech came round on Saturday morning and installed a SH3 and the connection dropping seems to have stopped, but these are the past day, why so much red?

Caporegime
I find offers are hard to get, maybe we just don't do it right, having had ntl/vm for so long we are always hesitant to go down the route of requesting cancellation in the hope they phone back a week later with a good deal.
Apart from BT, never really wanted to go with Sky as we don't want a dish stuck to the house.
Anyway we were paying £83 for 100BB, XL TV, Talk Anytime, TIVO box.

Now pay £73 for vivid 350, Mix TV, Talk Anytime, TV6 box, not exactly a deal as its the standard price but they gave us Sky Cinema package free for a year plus some extra free phone premium phone numbers.

Still cheaper than what we were paying.

people who don't phone up and cancel are ignorant of how the game works.

new customers get the best deals period.

you can always cancel then sign up as a new customer in your partners name, etc if they don't offer you a good deal when you leave.

i'm currently on £38 a month for 200MB. I'll be phoning up and cancelling. I'll then wait for their phone call for 2 weeks from retentions and when it comes through I'll say what's the best deal. I'll then say when I phoned up to cancel the girl offered me it for £5 cheaper than what your offering me now why are you wasting my time? they will then check with their manager and say well since there is no note of that offer but your saying they did offer it to you I can offer X price. then i'll say good sign me back up again.

Associate

This is the problem... Your loyalty to these companies means nothing, regardless of how long you've been with them. It's worth trying to use how long you've been with them when you try to get a better deal, but it means squat.

Call them, worse case you'll end up paying the same price as a new customer without the hassle of playing the leaving card.

Yes, some on here end up with better deals, but that I think comes down to the luck of who you end up talking to at VM.

I've never been as lucky, but I've ended up matching the new customer price, so not too bad.

Soldato
still waiting for the new firmware update, wish it would hurry up.

Ive had it since installing my new hub 3 in early March, have you tried a hub reboot?

I think its being gradually rolled out and I'm sure I read something on vm forum by April/end of April everyone should have it.

I have been playing Sea of Thieves recently and I would say online gaming is fine with this new firmware, although I did have an occasion where my Xbox lost connectivity to live while playing SOT, Ive changed a few things in my Asus router settings that may have effected that or could have been the game itself, Ive also had very minor lag in this game but its not common and its likely early game/server issues.
Overall Im happy with online gaming so far with the hub 3.

Soldato
Chatting to a "friend" who is involved in VM higher tier support earlier and he stated they have heard that there are no plans to roll the firmware update to SH3s in areas that Vivid 300/350 is not available, typically I'm in just such an area :rolleyes: :mad:

So check if you can get Vivid 300/350 in your post code.

Soldato
Chatting to a "friend" who is involved in VM higher tier support earlier and he stated they have heard that there are no plans to roll the firmware update to SH3s in areas that Vivid 300/350 is not available, typically I'm in just such an area :rolleyes: :mad:

I get definately get it, on VIVID 350

Area ref 20 here too. I had the update 2 weeks ago after calling and speaking to a tech & retentions

Interesting, maybe I should give them a call tomorrow and see what happens.

Soldato

I don't believe that for a minute, or do I since it's VM?

Back
Top Bottom