Virgin Media Discussion Thread

Associate
Moving to a new build at the end of June. Currently have VM Gamer 200. Are Virgin planning to upgrade the upload any time soon? As I've been with Virgin for years I reckon I could get quite a good deal. Other option is to use BT G Fast which is 330/50 but £60 a month. Happy enough with VM, just want faster upload.

Soldato
Suddenly, I lose my phone, net and TV connection... Green light is flashing on router which I think means it can’t connect to the Virgin network. Any advice?

Longer version is that Virgin support is useless and telling me to phone. I’m deaf and so use a Typetalk service. Which requires a landline. Which isn’t working... And apparently there is NO alternative way to contact the relevant support!

Soldato
Suddenly, I lose my phone, net and TV connection... Green light is flashing on router which I think means it can’t connect to the Virgin network. Any advice?

Longer version is that Virgin support is useless and telling me to phone. I’m deaf and so use a Typetalk service. Which requires a landline. Which isn’t working... And apparently there is NO alternative way to contact the relevant support!
Checked service status?

Could be an outage.

Soldato

Try the VM support forums, they do respond on there eventually.

Soldato
Sounds like a cu cable from the Dp to your house. Or someone has fully disconnected you from the cabinet.
If it was an outage, the battery back up would have kept the telco going for a while after the amp went down for the TV and BB.

Soldato
Really? I called 150 (there is a second number for non virgin landlines) today and was sorted with 2 separate queries inside 15 mins. Catchup fault (india or somewhere) and then landline number change ( Scotland I presume as I heard a few voices).

Soldato

When you say Virgin support is useless, how are you contacting them? Have you tried the live chat and explained that you're deaf? The contact us page recommends live chat for broadband and phone outages so I don't know why they're telling you to phone. Try them again maybe?

Associate
When you say Virgin support is useless, how are you contacting them? Have you tried the live chat and explained that you're deaf? The contact us page recommends live chat for broadband and phone outages so I don't know why they're telling you to phone. Try them again maybe?

If you try the chat online there is never anyone available, always the same message "sorry the team are unavailable, please try again later", but if you choose the option to join VM then there are people available to chat, maybe go there and explain your situation.

https://www.virginmedia.com/contact-us.html

Soldato
I initially contacted Virgin via Twitter. They were pretty good apart from requiring a lot of prompting to provide an alternative form of contact. They (Twitter support) we’re going to provide a link to online chat but when I requested it, online chat had closed up at 4pm.

In the end I had to get my wife to phone which wasn’t great as she’s technically illiterate. Got an engineer coming round on Tuesday to hopefully sort everything out. It’s quite an experience not having ready access to the internet!

Caporegime
Regarding 350MB package, do you need the superhub 3 to get this speed or will the super hub 2 ac do the job?

I use the hub 2ac in modem mode along with an asus router.

Soldato

Engineer has just left. It was all down to a dodgy plug which powers the external splitter hub. Seems to be quite a rare issue. I’m glad it’s fixed but I’m still annoyed at how difficult it was to report the problem and get an engineer booked.

Back
Top Bottom