Virgin Media Upload Speed Upgrades

Associate
I am on the 50meg service and upload speed got upgraded so i got a reasonably constant 4.7 meg upload.
However since i fitted a VM Superhub this has dropped to 2.4meg at best.
No problem with download speeds which remain the same at 50meg.
According to the Cable Forum my modem stats are spot on so i have no idea whats causing this issue.

All tests were carried out with a wired connection.

Associate
No upgrade for me as yet. My area is done according to the schedule, but modem remains set to the old upload speed regardless of it being rebooted quite frequently (all my PC stuff is switched off at the wall at night).

Had a quick look on the Virgin forums about it, and looks like they haven't bothered to provide updated configuration files for all the modems, so I may have to get the modem replaced yet again.

Man of Honour
I am on the 50meg service and upload speed got upgraded so i got a reasonably constant 4.7 meg upload.
However since i fitted a VM Superhub this has dropped to 2.4meg at best.
No problem with download speeds which remain the same at 50meg.
According to the Cable Forum my modem stats are spot on so i have no idea whats causing this issue.

All tests were carried out with a wired connection.

Have you unticked the firewall flood detection option? That made a difference to mine (30mbit).

Permabanned
I am getting a good connection but, i can tell when they throttle

1214793958.png

Soldato
Are they still forcing people to use the superhub when upgrading to 30Mb?

I'm perfectly happy with my WRT54GL and Tomato firmware. I don't want to change it. I really would upgrade to 30Mb in a heart beat if it wasn't for the superhub.

Back
Top Bottom