Vive Pro vs Index base stations

Associate
As I've donated my old Vive setup to a family member, I'm now left without any base stations for my Vive Pro and Index controllers. I was planning on getting some Index base stations, but who knows when they'll ever be back in stock. So now I'm considering getting some HTC replacements, preferably the 2.0 lighthouses (which are about £30 more expensive than the Valve ones sadly, but at least you can find them if you look around).

Obviously either will work, but does anyone know if there are any major technical or quality differences between the Valve and HTC variants?

Associate
OP
Well, I got the HTC bstations and sure enough they're actually Valve-branded. They work well, but I'm finding they're not as accurate as my previous v1 stations - placing controllers touching together shows they diverge and overlap by quite some margin as I spin around.

Associate
I do that test as well! it proves that tracking isn't as accurate as the mm claim that people make.

i've got 3 2.0 base stations, and when i touch the controllers together and turn around they overlap like you say.

My 1.0 tracking was the same. I have got a pair of unused Vive Pre basestations, which I will get round to testing if I install VR in my bedroom.

Associate
OP
With my v1 lighthouses, it overlapped/underlapped by about 1-4mm depending on how directly I faced them. With the v2 ones it feels more liked a 5-10mm variance. Might be picking up reflections from my plasma or something, need to experiment again!

Back
Top Bottom