Vodafone CPI price rises

Soldato
Has anyone had notification of a CPI bill increase across any VF services yet?

I have both a mobile contract and fibre connection with them but no communication about a rise yet.

Soldato
They oddly haven't updated the page to reflect 2023 either, still talks about 2022's price rise: https://www.vodafone.co.uk/pricechanges

Business side has been updated so I would imagine consumers will be the same rates: https://www.vodafone.co.uk/business/price-changes

Basically it depends when your contract started. It would either be RPI (13.4%) or CPI + 3.9% (14.4%). For mobile RPI would apply to plans before 9th Dec 2020 while plans after that would be CPI. Home broadband's date (which also oddly gets mentioned in the business link) is 2nd Feb 2021.

Soldato
OP
Had 2 emails today, one for BB, one for mobile - detailing the price increases.

Still can't moan at £33/ish for 500/70 on a rock solid fibre connection tbf.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just checked my bill and noticed it's gone up from £24 to £27 but had no communication about this price change.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm a little miffed about it.

Moved over to Vodafone broadband in mid Feb and now, after only 2 months of a 24 month contract, they put my price up.

It's now above what I would pay if I signed up with them for the same deal today so more than a little annoyed.

Associate
That's poor form from Vodafone, I would be tempted to call and politely have a moan, as iirc contracts starting from the 24/02/2023 wouldn't be affected by the hike.

My own Voda home broadband has also gone up by £4.61. No communication, I found out by looking at my VF account under future bills.

Associate
That's what they did to me last year. They gave me a tenner back after i moaned the installer didn't get my line online. Was only offline for 2 days so wasn't bothered about the money, just wanted it working. The month after being charged an increase is annoying though. Be nice if you could just buy a year or more in one lump sum and avoid the increases.

Soldato
The thing is, they didn't communicate to me. I happened across it by looking on the app...

I always thought they had to inform you of the increase even if it's in the contract but I guess not.

Soldato
That's poor form from Vodafone, I would be tempted to call and politely have a moan, as iirc contracts starting from the 24/02/2023 wouldn't be affected by the hike.

My own Voda home broadband has also gone up by £4.61. No communication, I found out by looking at my VF account under future bills.

Have you checked your emails? I've had two from Vodafone reminding me of price increase.

Associate
@Semple I've been deliberately watching out for an email (as I knew a rise was coming) and nothing. I've received the usual emails from them about billing etc and the monthly newsletter but nothing specifically (and it isn't mentioned in what emails I have received) about the rise.

Back
Top Bottom