Vodafone Gigafast - which package? Any mobile tie-ins?

Man of Honour
what i like that the the webchat facility has a lot more power than virgins. voda webchat was able to talk to me about billing where virgin wont and tell you to phone up.
i did get my pppoe username and password from them just incase i decide to use a different router. but my experience of the voda vox3 is very good so far so doubt i will be changing it.

Tbh the router is basic but fine. They happily gave me PPPOE details etc as well and told me to "do whatever you want" modem/router wise and that they would support any config. Thats decent tbh as normally if you aren't using the supplied kit then you get nothing.

Soldato
Tbh the router is basic but fine. They happily gave me PPPOE details etc as well and told me to "do whatever you want" modem/router wise and that they would support any config. Thats decent tbh as normally if you aren't using the supplied kit then you get nothing.

yup, to get something that can do gigabit routing speed is not gonna be cheap i guess. vox3 ui was very fast and responsive compared to the virgin hub3 which can even timeout at times navigating its menu.

Man of Honour
yup, to get something that can do gigabit routing speed is not gonna be cheap i guess. vox3 ui was very fast and responsive compared to the virgin hub3 which can even timeout at times navigating its menu.

I imagine my 30e should handle it easily. I guess we will see!

Soldato
I imagine my 30e should handle it easily. I guess we will see!

Its great you dont need to put the existing router into modem mode like with virgin. Virgins router in modem mode still has latency issues cant ditch it entirely like with gigafast. Ideal for business who want to use their own high end hardware.

Man of Honour
Its great you dont need to put the existing router into modem mode like with virgin. Virgins router in modem mode still has latency issues cant ditch it entirely like with gigafast. Ideal for business who want to use their own high end hardware.

I think they seem to know their audience on a gigabit line. It just good that for once an ISP seems to know who they are selling to and are flexible. I was with my last isp for 20 years for that reason.

Back
Top Bottom