Vodafone Iphone Tariffs Revealed

Soldato
There goes the thought that there will be a price war when other carriers got hold of the Iphone :o Data usuage is limited to 1GB so a bit more than Orange's 750MB.

Picture_10.png

Last edited:
Soldato
cheaper than the others for the amount of minutes/texts you get isnt it ? and thats without taking into account the other rising a few quid when vat goes back up

is there a release date yet though ?

Man of Honour
80 quid a month for a free iPhone with half decent memory. How are these stupid things really worth the money?

Problem is people just keep lapping them up so everyone just develops Apps for the iPhone and ignores all the other more technically competent phones :rolleyes:

Soldato
[TW]Fox;15570480 said:
Problem is people just keep lapping them up so everyone just develops Apps for the iPhone and ignores all the other more technically competent phones :rolleyes:

But if the iPhone does everything you need, who cares if there is something that is more "technically competent"? The average end-user certainly doesn't.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;15570480 said:
80 quid a month for a free iPhone with half decent memory. How are these stupid things really worth the money?

its pretty much the same price as other leading phones like the droid/milestone/hd2

As much as I love my iPhone, the pricing strategy in place by the "big 3" is pushing me closer towards an Android based phone for my next.

That said, I bought my 3G off contract second hand for a good price so it's not too bad being on a normal (albeit bartered at last upgrade) tariff.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
[TW]Fox;15570480 said:

I very much agree.

Associate
Which provider is the "free-wifi" with?
The tariffs also appear to include free vodafone - vodafone calls.

I asked in store and was told they would not be selling a PAYG version. They would sell "box only" but it would be "expensive". Anybody heard any figures?

Soldato
OP
Which provider is the "free-wifi" with?

Customers will also be able to use up to 1GB data on one of the UK's largest Wi-Fi networks, BT Openzone. Vodafone is also offering iPhone users the chance to use their iPhone as a modem to get themselves online. “Customers wishing to use their iPhone as a modem can do so for £5 for 500MB, £10 for 1.5GB or £15 for 3GB,

Associate
Wheyy! Unlimited texts! That's why I never got the iPhone with an o2 contract. What do you think the chances of Voda letting customers upgrade early are?

Associate
Wheyy! Unlimited texts! That's why I never got the iPhone with an o2 contract. What do you think the chances of Voda letting customers upgrade early are?

You can upgrade 70 days before the end of your contract, which for me is only 2 days after they are released.

Furthermore, existing customers will get a better deal than new ones signing up :D

Soldato
You can upgrade 70 days before the end of your contract, which for me is only 2 days after they are released.

Furthermore, existing customers will get a better deal than new ones signing up :D

do you not get shafted pricewise on the early upgrades though ? mines due in 2 days and thats what the woman in the voda shop was pretty much saying to me last week. guess i will find out soon!

Caporegime
[TW]Fox;15570480 said:

They are status symbols tbh. Having said that the best way for anyone to get one is to get a contract HD2 or similar and sell it and buy an iPhone with the proceeds. That way a good contract and an iPhone if you want it will cost you the price of any "normal" top of the range smartphone.

its pretty much the same price as other leading phones like the droid/milestone/hd2

Sim free yes, but not on contract.

Soldato
Sim free yes, but not on contract.

it is pretty damn similar

the milestone on contract with t mobile from xpansys works out pretty much same price for same contract as a 3gs . the hd2 is similar as well if you can even find anywhere that sells it and has stock

Last edited:
Soldato
Why dont people just buy an iPhone 2nd hand and use their existing non-iphone deal which would be cheaper!

I paid £200 for my iPhone 3GS 16Gb (after trading in my free upgrade 5800) and get 600min / unlimited texts / 580Mb internet all for £18p/month.

I mean, 2nd hand price for a 16Gb 3GS is around £350'ish. Surely buying it 2nd would be cheaper than on a 24month contract!
With the new iPhone coming Summer 2010, why get bogged down on a 24month contract.

Makes no sense to me.

Back
Top Bottom