VorpX

Soldato
Has anyone played games such as Witcher 3 in VorpX?

I've Bioshock Infinite works almost seamlessly, any input?

I'm basically trying to justify to myself buying a Rift despite owning a PSVR and I think VorpX and its ability to VR any-game might be a game-changer, although I could be wrong.

Soldato
Don't base your purchase on VorpX.

If the Rift isn't good enough on it's own merit, using VorpX won't be enough either.

If you decide to buy a Rift, then you can ask the question, is VorpX worth it.

Associate
VorpX is crap, And isn’t worth the time and effort required, dont base your Rift purchase on this outdated rubbish.

Made for VR titles blow everything else away, including games that have ‘tacked on vr’ such as SkyrimVR, Fallout4vVR and The Forest. There’s no substitute in have a game built from the ground for VR

Soldato
If you already have PSVR then don't bother with a rift and definitely don't bother with vorpx, even if you were going to move over to PC VR you are better off waiting for gen2 headsets to release

Soldato
If you already have PSVR then don't bother with a rift and definitely don't bother with vorpx, even if you were going to move over to PC VR you are better off waiting for gen2 headsets to release

Could be waiting a long time for Gen2, plus the hardware requirements are likely to be much higher. The Oculus Rift is worth getting now, if you already have a half-way decent gaming PC.

Soldato
Could be waiting a long time for Gen2, plus the hardware requirements are likely to be much higher. The Oculus Rift is worth getting now, if you already have a half-way decent gaming PC.

But he already has a PSVR, so the oculus is not an upgrade its a sidegrade so unless there's a game he really wants to play in VR thats only available on the oculus (and by the sounds not because he's asking about vorpx)...

Soldato
OP
But he already has a PSVR, so the oculus is not an upgrade its a sidegrade so unless there's a game he really wants to play in VR thats only available on the oculus (and by the sounds not because he's asking about vorpx)...
You're the first person I've read on the net describing the PSVR and Rift/Vive as side grades. Most people have said its a clear upgrade.

Soldato
OP
I feel like I'll be waiting ages and the sub-par tracking, lack of customisation, lack of analogue movement, lack of roomscale on the PSVR will be limiting, especially for games like Skyrim.

Soldato
I feel like I'll be waiting ages and the sub-par tracking, lack of customisation, lack of analogue movement, lack of roomscale on the PSVR will be limiting, especially for games like Skyrim.

Fair enough, sounds like you've already made up your mind to get one, just don't do it based on vorpx as its rubbish

Asa

Asa

Associate

Rift is definitely a massive upgrade for Skyrim. Mods see to that.

Touch controllers and the ability to turn around/move about also make a big difference imo, even ignoring the advantages of the GPU grunt.

VorpX is rubbish though. Sorry.

Back
Top Bottom