** VORTEX UP THE ANTE WITH THE 60% "POK3R" KEYBOARD **

OcUK Staff
OP
Ohhh yes! But honestly please try to stock some ANSI boards, even if it's a couple to test the waters - I refuse to pay ££ extra on keycap sets purely for an ugly enter key and many others prefer ANSI too :(

I'm still considering one of these for work but when I price up base + iso + specials it gets £££

The ANSI and ISO would end up the same price on our website, my costs from distribution are the same. :(

Soldato
The ANSI and ISO would end up the same price on our website, my costs from distribution are the same. :(

Sorry, you're misunderstanding me - When buying keycaps the price for ISO extras is astronomical due to the extra niche keys (mechanical keyboard enthusiasts are still a niche in the UK it seems, most keycaps are sold in the US and thus primarily for ANSI boards) - There's quite a large market for ANSI boards in the UK for this very reason. I've pinged you a trust with some interesting info :)

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP
Sorry, you're misunderstanding me - When buying keycaps the price for ISO extras is astronomical due to the extra niche keys (mechanical keyboard enthusiasts are still a niche in the UK it seems, most keycaps are sold in the US and thus primarily for ANSI boards) - There's quite a large market for ANSI boards in the UK for this very reason. I've pinged you a trust with some interesting info :)

I get you. Still when I've been looking at the extra keys for UK ISO sets the cost hasn't been that exorbitant. Maybe 5-10% extra. I guess that it depends on the vendor though. I only really have experience buying keycaps from Tai Hao.

Soldato
I get you. Still when I've been looking at the extra keys for UK ISO sets the cost hasn't been that exorbitant. Maybe 5-10% extra. I guess that it depends on the vendor though. I only really have experience buying keycaps from Tai Hao.

Yeah sadly when looking at smaller names (non-massproduced) the costs are silly high, especially when you are importing :( Any chance of OcUK stocking wooden wrist rests?

OcUK Staff
OP
When are these in stock then? And what would be a good wrist rest given the size? It seems quite dinky.

In stock now, wrist rest:

Glorious PC Gaming Race GWR-75 Compact Mini Ergonomic Keyboard Wrist Rest @ £11.99 inc VAT https://www.overclockers.co.uk/Glor...-Ergonomic-Keyboard-Wrist-Rest-GS-006-GR.html

The Glorious Wrist Pad is a gaming wrist rest that can support a compact (60% and 75%) mechanical keyboards and provides proper ergonomics while gaming or general every-day use.

Only £11.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Soldato
Caporegime
They do look great, but I can't help but feel like the price is a bit of a mickey take. Its £150 for not a lot of keyboard. :p

Certainly not a dig at OC, the price is good on their part!

Soldato
So what's the deal with ANSI vs ISO then? Is it that keycap sets you see on Massdrop all the time won't work with this board, as they have a small enter key? Isn't an additional issue the @ key being in the wrong place?

Associate
So what's the deal with ANSI vs ISO then? Is it that keycap sets you see on Massdrop all the time won't work with this board, as they have a small enter key? Isn't an additional issue the @ key being in the wrong place?

If the OS is in UK @ stays the same, £ stays the same and # moves to the key above enter. In US the £ symbol becomes an alt code, # is on 3 and @ is on 2, consequently using an ANSI board feels almost identical with the exception of # and enter. After about 5 minutes of getting used to that life becomes significantly improved and you just press # and enter at the same time on everyone elses computer.

Massdrop is completely mainstream after spending some time digging through all the uber niche enthusiast sites. Getting keysets for ANSI is easy and the slender enter key looks much better. It opens up far more options of having individual colors on each row or varying profiles.

JR

Soldato

That's the difference yes, you don't get an ugly enter key. But also I didn't dare mention that 'competitor'. But the keyboards work fine, I personally use a UK language on an ANSI Pok3r, to be honest I'd rather pay slightly more on an ANSI board than have to pay anywhere between £30 and £60 for the modifiers to use a keycap set from the site you mentioned on an ISO board - Plus they look better :)

So these boards exist as ANSI then, OCUK just don't stock them?

Yes. http://i.imgur.com/ulZ8OBqh.jpg

e; Edited with better image

Last edited:
Soldato
That's very nice. I do prefer white over black. Is that an RGB board? I've done a quick search, found an EU site selling the black ANSI but not white, and I'd prefer the Nature White switches.

It is not RGB as I wanted ANSI and couldn't find one. I'm running MX Clears and am in love - Considering an RGB board for work however.

e; Could get an RGB but my SA Dasher keycaps wouldn't fit on an ISO :(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom