*** VR Deals Thread ***

Associate
Thanks! When buying games from other sites should i got Oculus store keys? Or will steamVR keys be okay? Will it make a difference since i have the Rift?

You can only get oculus keys through the oculus store I'm afraid, I play via link with my quest and at first would notice a performance dip through steam as you're running an extra UI but I think it's been ironed out a little now, there are workarounds to get rid of steam vr UI all together but it's a bit too much faff for me.

Soldato
You can only get oculus keys through the oculus store I'm afraid, I play via link with my quest and at first would notice a performance dip through steam as you're running an extra UI but I think it's been ironed out a little now, there are workarounds to get rid of steam vr UI all together but it's a bit too much faff for me.

You can get Oculus keys for third party games (not Oculus exclusives) from Humble Bundle.

Associate
Dirt rally 2 is £7.49 on steam, quite fancy this, hope it works better than dirty rally did trying to play in VR,

It supports both Oculus and SteamVR, so a winner in my books. I played ~60 hours of DR1 with Vive, and while it worked, it was a bit fiddly....
Runs really well on my Vega64, which was a real surprise, the devs have obviously optimised the game well.

Associate
It supports both Oculus and SteamVR, so a winner in my books. I played ~60 hours of DR1 with Vive, and while it worked, it was a bit fiddly....
Runs really well on my Vega64, which was a real surprise, the devs have obviously optimised the game well.
Yeah I’m hoping a system re install will sort out DR1 etc, but just love rally games, spent a few hours on the Sega rally arcades some years ago ! should have been a pre cursor to a driving licence ha ha so will get DR2 today

Soldato
The Epic store has Tetris Effect on sale, and with the £10 voucher you can get it for just over £12. Works on both Steam VR and Oculus natively.

Permabanned
New to this VR and want to have a go.

Would like a good experience.

Current rig

16gb ram
980ti

Would this be enough and what do I need to buy ?

TIA

Back
Top Bottom