*** VR Deals Thread ***

Soldato
New to this VR and want to have a go.

Would like a good experience.

Current rig

16gb ram
980ti

Would this be enough and what do I need to buy ?

TIA

That system should be fine. You might not be able to supersample much, but it'll play most of the games and experiences.

You're probably best getting a Rift S or a Quest. The higher end headsets such as the Index are pretty demanding and require monster hardware.

Soldato
New to this VR and want to have a go.

Would like a good experience.

Current rig

16gb ram
980ti

Would this be enough and what do I need to buy ?

TIA

Which motherboard?, it's unlikely to be native USB 3 so you may need an add in controller with a suitable chipset to support the rift.
I gave up on my Z68 board as even with an add in card VR was intermittant.
A cheap B450 with Ryzen works fine every time.

Associate
Wow the sale is underwhelming! I hope that tomorrow they get a decent offer on Superhot VR - I'm guessing if you want it on the quest platform you just have to get your wallet out for games :) I'm using steam VR for all the games which don't need super fast responses atm

Soldato
Been playing Pcars2 lately.

They are selling it for silly money again. -85% £6.74. So many cars, tracks, fantastic single player structure for so little money.

Last edited:
Associate
OMG was just visiting steam and looking at cyberpunk when I noticed below Alyx is on offer ! £34.86

make that £29.86 there’s an extra fiver off as well ;)

Last edited:
Associate
Cant recommend this games enough, in my opinion it strikes the balance just right compares to all the other VR shooters out at the moment.
Best VR shooter around, bar none, even better now it has mod support.

Ive also been playing Quest beta, I’m amazed how good it looks and runs, wireless VR freedom takes the game up another Level IMO

Last edited:
Associate
Best VR shooter around, bar none, even better now it has mod support.

Ive also been playing Quest beta, I’m amazed how good it looks and runs, wireless VR freedom takes the game up another Level IMO

Definitely man, I've been in the beta for a while now and it's come on leaps and bounds hasn't it, as soon as crossplay servers have comparability with 16 man servers I probably won't bother with the PC version.

Soldato
Had no idea they were doing this, but if you happen to have Vertigo, the remastered version is a freebie on your account.

Incredibly generous of them considering they practically gave the game away for 99p in a steam sale. If you don't have it, check out the quality of studios work by trying the demo of Vertigo 2.

Back
Top Bottom