*** VR Deals Thread ***

Soldato
Bow to Blood: Last Captain Standing. FREE on steam.

It's actually quite a polished game with a fun rivals mechanic and story line. Recommended it before at an asking price, for free is a steal.

Associate
Just picked up Moss and Doom 3 in the Steam lunar sale.

Tempted by Audio Trip from the Oculus Quest 2 app, although it looks a bit limited in tracks and maybe too similar to synth riders to be worthwhile.

Anyone played 'virtual virtual reality'?

Caporegime
Just picked up Moss and Doom 3 in the Steam lunar sale.

Tempted by Audio Trip from the Oculus Quest 2 app, although it looks a bit limited in tracks and maybe too similar to synth riders to be worthwhile.

Anyone played 'virtual virtual reality'?
Love Audio Trip, it has an OK number of songs but a good handful are excellent (Krishna is my favourite). I bought Synth Riders after and haven't really got into yet.

Soldato
Quite a few games on sale (Happy New Year to you all!). Anyone picking anything up?
I've heard people talk goods things about Trover Saves the Universe but it looks a bit strange? Haha.

Soldato
Quite a few games on sale (Happy New Year to you all!). Anyone picking anything up?
I've heard people talk goods things about Trover Saves the Universe but it looks a bit strange? Haha.

Trover has a weird and wicked sense of humour, but it's essentially just a platform game.

Trouble is I've got nearly all the decent VR games out there, having been playing for several years, so, at least on the PC side, it's getting more tricky to find decent new stuff to play.

I picked up Medal Of Honor now they've patched out most of the annoyances. Also bought Overload which is the remake of the old shooter Descent.

I heartily recommend Skyrim VR if you haven't got it. Once it's modded with the latest enhancements it becomes an absolutely magical game that feels like a true VR game.

Soldato
Trover has a weird and wicked sense of humour, but it's essentially just a platform game.

Trouble is I've got nearly all the decent VR games out there, having been playing for several years, so, at least on the PC side, it's getting more tricky to find decent new stuff to play.

I picked up Medal Of Honor now they've patched out most of the annoyances. Also bought Overload which is the remake of the old shooter Descent.

I heartily recommend Skyrim VR if you haven't got it. Once it's modded with the latest enhancements it becomes an absolutely magical game that feels like a true VR game.

Ok thanks. Despite it having a decent % off, I'll leave it for now as I have other games I want to get first.

I've read somewhere that within the next year or two, there should be a big push for bigger titles now that thanks to the Quest 2 and it's low entry point, there's been a surge of people joining the VR world. I guess the lockdown has also helped with that!

I'll check Skyrim out at some point! I've heard many great things. I didn't really get into the PC series, I barely started Oblivion. I generally prefer top down style, but VR obviously lends itself to first person better.

I really want to get the Vader Immortal series, that looks wicked. Shame I joined after they had the pack deal going.

Soldato
Vader Immortal is a great series. It's not really a game, more of an experience, but it nails the Star Wars look and feel. The light saber dojos though are genuinely challenging, so there is some element of replayability after you complete the story. The first episode is a great one to use as an introduction to VR too, especially when you meet Darth Vader.

Soldato
Picked up a few cheap games. The Contagion VR demo was alright, but never enough to spend the asking, £3.50 though why not. Finally picked up Star Shelter, and an oddity in Galactic Ranger VR as it was so cheap.

Few more to try in VorpX, Sins of a solar empire, gauntlet, and galaxy on fire.

Just noticed The Persistence is -50% for £12, Always been put off by the reviews and price point. Might be of interest if you're looking for a VR game with a little more longevity though, alleged system shock clone.

Soldato
Waste of time getting climb 1, 2 is the same but just an improvement, inc graphics , you won't play climb 1

TBF though, that'll be why the Duo pack is so cheap. You're basically getting the original for seven quid if you wanted the new game anyway. Might be worth it just to have a few extra levels (albeit with worse graphics and the new mechanics missing).

Caporegime

Got a link to what enhancements I should be installing on Skyrim VR please? I fancy doing a VR playthough. Haven't played it since it first came out :)

Soldato
Got a link to what enhancements I should be installing on Skyrim VR please? I fancy doing a VR playthough. Haven't played it since it first came out :)

Look up Wabbajack and Skyrim VR. It's the easiest one to do. Still a bit of work involved.

Back
Top Bottom