Wall mounted tv unit & slat wall

Yeah I know "media walls" etc are on trend at the moment but to be honest all you would be doing is reducing the overall size of the room which isn't what I want to do

I wouldn't go for the trendy media walls with storage, fire etc. Purely hide it all behind a false wall. You're losing the space anyway as it will have a TV unit, speakers, sub etc, making it unusable space

Terrible mock up but hopefully gives context:

Yeah I know /figured that's what you mean but my amplifier is deeper than that wall.
Ps that tv is too high :D

Also if I made a false wall itd need plastered and even then the joints between elements would probably crack. It doesn't really appeal.

Last edited:
See attached links where I previously considered media wall in other room (never went with it in end I don't want to "lose" space to a plasterboard void)

tv's not going to reflect off of the top of the unit ? or speaker sides, if, as it looks, they stand proud. ... don't want it to look like a tunnel;

will the imaging from speakers be ok at that level they are (very imhop) close together & high

tv's not going to reflect off of the top of the unit ? or speaker sides, if, as it looks, they stand proud. ... don't want it to look like a tunnel;

will the imaging from speakers be ok at that level they are (very imhop) close together & high
I presume you're referring to the sketch/annotation above? That's from someone else not OP (me) I'm not going with that built in option.

Wall hung units and tv mount arriving Friday so hopefully do that at the weekend but will need to do the slat wall later.

Got a sample of slat wall and waiting on one other. It's hard to hide the screws, not sure if putting felt over it is better or not. There's 3 screws below.

I'll probably just screw it to the wall and not use adhesive. I think a 600*1200ish panel will only need 4 screws and there will be 3 panels.

I'll post the photos later as imgur not working well just now I'm on the train..
7HOZDm1.jpeg

1r4MVKy.jpeg

Last edited:
Started this weekend and most the way thru now. Taken me all weekend and just need to tidy up the units a little bit and get the doors onto the front of the wall hung unit.

Got 3x hdmi 2.1 cables, ethernet and power pulled up behind the telly.

6 corefix for the tv unit
5 for the telly
14 screws/plugs for the wall panels

uITgQTU.jpeg

3tFTjfr.jpeg

[
15a3AVc.jpeg

mHhrU2i.jpeg

About 10mm clearance between the speaker and the telly.
OPby4xB.jpeg

he looks like he's had a haircut

panels aren't cheap then - though significant 9mm of felt to stop rear noise projection seems;
felt I'd mentioned earlier is remove any tv reflection off of shiny surfaces - but from first pic tv extends quite far beyond the centre speaker - stand is stable ?

Used the Ikea floating cabinets for our chimney breast which is plasterboard straight onto breeze block so I just used normal plasterboard screws/raw plugs and hung each unit on 2 metal L brackets from Amazon I am terrible at DIY but they are solid even the full size end units which I cut the corners off are ok. https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/what-man-jobs-have-you-done-today.18433753/post-36640056

i8AclvL.jpg

That looks so clean! Looking to do something similar. How have the besta units holding up over time?

Back
Top Bottom