Wanting to finally start a fitness/conditioning program, advice required

Permabanned
Hello all! after years of just plodding along being an "acceptable" weight, as i've got older i've now started to pile the pounds on and i've decided my body deserves better.

I'm looking to get into a fitness/exercise routine but I have a couple of questions

First of all is there any merit in home exercise exclusively at first? or is a combination of home/gym always going to be best? and following on from that, what is the ideal starting exercise routine at the gym/in general now that we have years of science and experience to create a plan? I don't want to follow a googled plan that is perhaps out dated at this point, so general advice and pointers would be amazing

Thank you for the help, it is very much appreciated

Man of Honour
Hello all! after years of just plodding along being an "acceptable" weight, as i've got older i've now started to pile the pounds on and i've decided my body deserves better.

I'm looking to get into a fitness/exercise routine but I have a couple of questions

First of all is there any merit in home exercise exclusively at first? or is a combination of home/gym always going to be best? and following on from that, what is the ideal starting exercise routine at the gym/in general now that we have years of science and experience to create a plan? I don't want to follow a googled plan that is perhaps out dated at this point, so general advice and pointers would be amazing

Thank you for the help, it is very much appreciated

Congratulations on deciding to do something - that's the first step.

Second - as pointed out - is your diet...

Third is the gym, or your workout. It is very possible to do something at home that will help you lose weight but for most new starters the gym provides that extra motivation ("I'll just do it later" is very real if you work out at home).

The nature of that routine will depend on what you are trying to achieve and your commitment in working to achieve it: do you want to be awesome, or do you want to "just do cardio?" :)

Practically, it is almost as simple as "eat less, drink less and move more." Which is why diet is so important. Start there, and we'll talk. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom