War films that a 7 year old can watch.

Associate
Death Star or Mount Doom, it depends on the day.
My son loves all things ARMY/war. Can anyone recommend any war films that are suitable for his age please?

So far he's seen:-

Where Eagles Dare
Kelly's heroes
Zulu
War horse
Raiders of the lost ark/Last crusade (I know not technically a war film).
He started watching the Great Escape but he didn't like it. One for when he's a bit older.

Any others?

Soldato
What about the Spielberg series?..... The Pacific and Band of Brothers. I know they are not movies but each episode is an hour long. Very good in my opinion.

Associate
I loved “a bridge to far when I was younger” and Von Ryan’s express.

Saving private Ryan would prob be too gory.

Bridge over the river Kwai is also great

Soldato
What about the Spielberg series?..... The Pacific and Band of Brothers. I know they are not movies but each episode is an hour long. Very good in my opinion.

I’d second this. It’s beautifully shot, very well acted, the sound (both fx and score) are amazing. It’s accurate too, with interviews with the real veterans in the show.

Soldato

I’d second this. It’s beautifully shot, very well acted, the sound (both fx and score) are amazing. It’s accurate too, with interviews with the real veterans in the show.

band of brothers episodes are rated 15 and with good reason - some of the scenes are quite graphic. not what i'd personally want a 7 year old watching.

Back
Top Bottom