War films that a 7 year old can watch.

Associate
My son's 9 and he wouldn't be watching BoB/Pacific or Saving Private Ryan anytime soon! lol

Probably suggest (like some others have)

Memphis Belle
U-571
Red Dawn (Original)
Red Tails
Flyboys
Battleship
Pearl Harbor
Stealth

Soldato
A couple from parts unknown to most.
Battleground, very old but very good. Zone Troopers, quirky but enjoyable.

And that brad Pitt tank film from a few years ago FURY. Can't remember if it was filled with gore, but I enjoyed it.

Soldato
Another you might wat to consider is Silent Night (2002) with Linda Hamilton and Romano Orzari.
PG rated, pretty good little film, especially at Christmas. Not an outright shooty-war type film, but set in WW2 and based on a true story.
Friend of mine was one of the producers, which is where I heard about it.

denise Richards norks
Not in SST, IIRC.
Dina Meyer's, sure though, and she's far better than Pouty-Face.

Soldato
My 7 year old just watched Kelly's Heroes from the minefield onwards upto the bit where they entered the bank and a bit of The Longest Day plus some of the aerial battles and the end bit of Battle of Britain. Fitted in well with school as they have just done WW2 as a topic.

Soldato
633 Squadron and The Battle of Britain were two of my favourites when I was younger (and still are now!). Memphis Belle and the Dambusters are also good and probably suitable for a younger audience.

Associate
My son loves all things ARMY/war. Can anyone recommend any war films that are suitable for his age please?

And just how did a mind so young get into war films ? I put it to you sir that you are the one who loves all things army/war and you are now projecting this onto your son at just seven years old.

Soldato
I heartily echo the recommendation for Hannibal Brooks. An excellent film for about that age. I certainly grew up on the likes of that when films of that ilk were repeatedly repeated on the BBC on a Saturday tea time, along side the classic Kenneth Moore B&W films on a Tuesday afternoon.. Then stayed up later for the likes of Kelly's Heroes and the quite similar Anzio starring Robert Mitchum. The Big Red One never seems to get a mention but it is probably just about OK for 7.

Soldato
And just how did a mind so young get into war films ? I put it to you sir that you are the one who loves all things army/war and you are now projecting this onto your son at just seven years old.
Given how anti-violence, anti-military, anti-gun and anti-war my own parents were, compared with how Army Barmy my life went, I'd put it to you that the complete opposite is also a possible influence.

Back
Top Bottom