War films that a 7 year old can watch.

Soldato
How can a film with Sylvester Stallone, Bobby Moore, Pele, Ossie Ardiles and moustached Ipswich legend John Wark be anything but top notch?

I saw it for the first time this last christmas.....and it was just soooo bad! :D

Some more suggestions

Reach for the Sky
The Bridge on the River Kwai
The Enemy Below
Run Silent Run Deep
Sink the Bismark

FTM

FTM

Soldato
Battle of the Bulge

the longest day..it is a long movie but its still pretty good..maybe break it up over a couple of days

older war films are probably better as they are less graphic

FTM

FTM

Soldato
I always used to watch old ones with my dad..

so things like merrils marauders, Patton, halls of Montezuma, midway, battle of the river plate

waterloo was on at the weekend and I sat and watched that again!

FTM

FTM

Soldato
the four feathers ( prefer the 70's version..but that's because of my age)
Bridge at Remagen
Heroes of Telemark

you can move in all sorts of directions with this sort of thing as well...civil war, colonial era

Shenandoah is a favourite of mine

Soldato
What about the Spielberg series?..... The Pacific and Band of Brothers. I know they are not movies but each episode is an hour long. Very good in my opinion.

BoB is borderline but some 7 year olds will be ok with it, particularly the first half when its juts training. But Christ no not The Pacific, that's just gory as hell and not very good anyway.

Soldato
The Enemy Below is a very good film, tense and dramatic about a US navy captain and a German U boat commander trying to outwit each other (incidentally the film was the inspiration for Star Trek: TOS episode Balance of Terror). I would also 2nd planty's choice of Guns of Navarone.

Soldato
u571 maybe? been a while since i watched it.

just lol at whoever said predator i seen some of that when i was a little kid on the tv in my bedroom when it first aired, the scene with the guy all opened up was freaky as hell to me as a kid :p

edit: just a mention to space above and beyond i used to watch that with my dad when i was in primary school, mankind v aliens in a war so i suppose it qualifies :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space:_Above_and_Beyond

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom