Warcraft PC

Associate
Boosts up to 3.8ghz all cores .

Ryzen 2600x+ B450 would roughly set you back the same, tad more for the ram

New expansion is now DX12 and DX9 has been remiss bed with i7 now being recommended .
Not expecting it to be like Lost Planet 2 but should be inprovemeni for multi thread CPUs

I must admit having not looked for that but having checked it does look like it's still sat on one core though not fully utilised, so maybe it is spreading the load a bit more. The graphically performance does seem much better this time round as well.

Associate
Yeah as is the case, and I will only be using 1080p, my thinking is to go for the Overclockers built pc £599 :

TITAN TANTO MICRO ATX GAMING PC - AMD RYZEN 1400 SYSTEM @ 3.60GHZ

but to change the R5 1400 to R5 2600x , and a 1060 3gb card and to change the HDD to the 250gb Samsung SSD. This does bump the price to £750.

I'd go for more GPU RAM than 3GB, just opened WoW up in Aszuna and I'm immediately at 4GB graphics ram usage:

https://imgur.com/a/XftDaIX
XftDaIX
XftDaIX

You can also see it's very single threaded so an Intel CPU is probably better for WoW but to be honest it's probably marginal.

Soldato
ryzen 2600x/2700x does give 4.1/2ghz boost on single core and maybe more but IPC is still weaker then Intels .

To be honest, ANY coffeelake or Ryzen 2*** chips will be a nice boost from your current system :)

nvidia also has great ram compression tech to

Associate
New expansion is now DX12 and DX9 has been remiss bed with i7 now being recommended .
Not expecting it to be like Lost Planet 2 but should be inprovemeni for multi thread CPUs
it gives you the the option between dx11 and dx12 in game, dx9 is gone for good however. Problem is it runs very sluggishly on dx12 in parts, even on relatively highend hardware because of problems with the optimization and retrofitting a 15year old game onto dx12 as well as having poor driver support at the current time.

Back
Top Bottom