Wardrobe hinges

Soldato
I would coat the large hole with resin/araldite.Fill screw holes with same
put hinge in place,squeeze out excess glue and clean ,insert screws.leave to dry/glue cured
This i would do for the door only and get some of those plates i mentioned earlier :)

Soldato
OP
I would coat the large hole with resin/araldite.Fill screw holes with same
put hinge in place,squeeze out excess glue and clean ,insert screws.leave to dry/glue cured
This i would do for the door only and get some of those plates i mentioned earlier :)

Right, I can try that. I don't know which araldite product you mean, a glue or resin? How about epoxy? I've got some of that twin tube epoxy from Poundland, always seems to work well for me but maybe I need something better.

This would be a permanent fix, i.e, screws can't be unscrewed because they're glued in, right?
Alternatively, how about this?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/2819697730...6%26rvr_ts%3D6067b19f1720a9c963115c3cffdcaa8a

Good news is that I've fixed the bottom right carcass side panel. :) I bought a Hafele repair plate as you suggested.

Bad news is that I damaged the outside! :(

I don't get it, the screws are shorter than the width of the panel. Any suggestions for patching it? I won't see it that much but it's annoying once you know it's there. I do have the piece that broke off.

Soldato
Did not know they have made a plate for the door :)
I think i would try that first before resin/epoxy
Shame about the screws coming through
You can `try`gluing piece back on with pva.Cover area with cling film or plastic bag then G-Clamp over piece untill dry
This `may`look ok or may look crap.If it ends up looking rubbish you could put a strip of tape of some sort(maybe same colour? )along the bottom to hide the holes like a plinth...sort of

Soldato
OP
Did not know they have made a plate for the door :)
I think i would try that first before resin/epoxy
Shame about the screws coming through
You can `try`gluing piece back on with pva.Cover area with cling film or plastic bag then G-Clamp over piece untill dry
This `may`look ok or may look crap.If it ends up looking rubbish you could put a strip of tape of some sort(maybe same colour? )along the bottom to hide the holes like a plinth...sort of

Yeah, I think a little piece of something like white electrical tape might be the simplest way to cover it up. But I can't see how to push in those broken areas and make them flush without loosening off the screws a bit.

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom