Wasteland - Arma 3

Soldato
I am liking this Mod. Someone needs to take the best parts of all the different versions out there and put it together. Slowly starting to see hackers creep back into the game. few times this past week I've been put 100m into the air and just dropped :( ******s

true! and yep.....I love how battle eye will quite happily kick you if you try to join too fast and doesn't update to the latest version..... but then hackers can use their scripts with zero ****s given :mad:

what's the point of anti-cheat if it DOESN'T WORK! :p

Arma 3 in steam sale... hummmm wouldn't hold ya breathe on that one but I'll cross my fingers for those who want to indulge :D

(side thought....with the Arma 3 alpha LITE gifts on steam..... can they still be used but give 'lite' access to beta instead?)

Permabanned
I don't know, I got Arma II in the last steam sale pretty cheap :p

Yeah but ARMA II was released years before the last steam sale. I highly doubt this will be in the sale and if so it won't be cheaper than the £20 offer if you bought it earlier this year.

Associate
If you'd have bought the Alpha it was £20, looks like it's gone up a tenner since going Beta. Would imagine the price will increase again when it's gold so you won't get it any cheaper than this for a while.

I bought a copy as soon as it was available. £20 was a steal. I've already put 182 hours into it and its not even released yet. £30 is still good value if you ask me. Anything that I put more than 100 hours into is a £30 game

I just love the fact that you just don't know what you're going to get yourself into. It's different every time you play, sure you can go in with a game plan but it doesn't normally go to plan :D

The amount of times I've been ambushed or simply ran into 4+ players while trying to get somewhere.

It is so satisfying getting a kill on Arma, more than any other game - even the cheap ones.

Permabanned
[TFU] Thegoon84;24559732 said:
Only things that holding me back with Arma 3 is i really dont like the map! Will they release some new maps come release?

Yes lol, the proper map is going to be much bigger, bigger than chernarus apparently.

Soldato
Yes lol, the proper map is going to be much bigger, bigger than chernarus apparently.

Awesome!!!

I'm offically done with putting any hope in main stream titles from the likes of DICE or any garbage EA pump out. That said i'l prob get BF4 as friends will play it!

Much more into Arma now, which is thanks to Dayz! Love the fact its all about the PC and is a huge upgrade to Arma 2! Just saving my cash before an upgrade, as soon as the full game and new map are released i'l invest in a new rig!

Soldato
What is the hacking like? I put 70-80 hours in and when I left the hacking was so so bad, literally every server. Went back about a month ago, every server had hackers again :(

Associate
How is Sumatra ARMA3 Wasteland shaping up for the beta?

I prefer Sumatra's version on ARMA2 due to being much more balanced (although I know about the 404games vs Sumatra shiz, played on many 404 servers but found high powered tanks unbalanced)

Soldato
How is Sumatra ARMA3 Wasteland shaping up for the beta?

I prefer Sumatra's version on ARMA2 due to being much more balanced (although I know about the 404games vs Sumatra shiz, played on many 404 servers but found high powered tanks unbalanced)

All versions differ from server to server.

Some may have OP tanks and thermal weapons, others may not.

Permabanned
I like the UKHardcore server on ARMA 2 wasteland for a mess about, has lots of tanks and even jets. The jet sounds are incredibly realistic.

Associate
I've played ARMA 3 now for about 30hrs and over the last 10hrs starting to get into it a lot!

Unfortunately only one of my mates plays ARMA 3 so i'll look at joining a clan one day!

The main question i have is why does the FPS vary so much. One minute a solid 50fps then drops quickly to 25fps??? This is just to cure my curiosity.

Soldato
I've played ARMA 3 now for about 30hrs and over the last 10hrs starting to get into it a lot!

Unfortunately only one of my mates plays ARMA 3 so i'll look at joining a clan one day!

The main question i have is why does the FPS vary so much. One minute a solid 50fps then drops quickly to 25fps??? This is just to cure my curiosity.

Its the same on Arma 2 aswel mate, chances are your facing a main town so FPS drops!

We play Arma 3 wastelands quite a bit, you're welcome to jump on with us mate. www.Thefallenunit.co.uk. We're starting to look for some new faces in the build up to full release of arma 3 and for bf4.

Soldato
I'm now competent! Had quite a good session last night, killed plenty of people, stole loads of stuff and looted loads of equipment from vehicles. Now other than roaming around killing people is there anything else I should look to do? I did try attacking an AI camp but got raped on my own.

Also, sometimes I loot some stuff which say yellow or green lights (something like that) and they show in my stance / weapon overlay in the top right. When I use the throw command I seemed to throw one of them but nothing happened. What am I missing?

Managed to loot a GPS aswell but it didn't seem to do anything, is this due to difficulty of the server as I couldn't see myself on the map either.

Associate
The yellow/green/blue/red lights are chem lights, they show in the dark.

GPS is more for driving or flying Ctrl+M to bring it up.

Depending on what faction you are depends on what you do. Red/Blue you want to try and boss the server whoring all the weapons cache's and vehicles bring them to your base (Camp Rogain or air station Mike are popular choices). Keep in groups of 4+ 6-8 normally can deal with most situations. Then go hunt the other main faction.

As an Indie, you pretty much do the same but smaller scale and if you find a weapons cache and get away with it you hide somewhere but don't mark it on the map :D
After you get some $ take trips to the guns stores, they are always fun(unless someone has mined it. banable offence imo). 9/10 times someone is camping it and getting in and out again can be hard work.

Set up ambushes. When I'm on with friends this is something we like to do. We also like to stage RTAs and when someone stops to investigate...Good fun

If you are an Indie on your own it's a bit harder. Too hard/risky to get weapons caches on your own. Ambush is also hard + you really need a mk200/Zarif. A group of 3 is probably the most people you kill on your own (unless you get a very good jump on them).

When playing on my own I try to get enough kills to buy a sniper rifle then make 1km+ shots but nothing goes to plan on wasteland

Soldato
Ok thanks for that. I usually play Independent, I think the idea of saving for a sniper rifle is quite appealing. Lots of open spaces and hiding places. Managed a couple of semi long range kills so would like to expand on that. I can always try red or blue to mix it up I guess.

My G600 is making this so much easier to play, I have 2 buttons left to do zoom in and out through the scope but can't find the options in the menu :(.

Back
Top Bottom