• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

Poll: Watch arm

Watch on Left or Right Arm?

• Left

Votes: 356 76.9%
  • Right

Votes: 107 23.1%

• Total voters
Soldato
IIRC it was originally worn on the left wrist because that is where the crown pin (right name?) is most accessible for adjustment, that pin generally being on the three o'clock position....
Anyway, left here, it is proper. Or so I was always told. That said I detest wearing one at all and rarely do.

Soldato
I was always told that you wear a watch on the opposite arm to what you write with.

...and if you wear it with the face on the underside of your wrist and do that annoyingly gay arm twisting thing to look at the time you deserve a good slap.

I wear mine on my right arm(im left handed) but I also wear it with the face on the underside of my wrist. It fits much better and I also find (tried putting it on the normal way just now) that I get a better range of motion from my wrist with it on the 'homo' way. Having it on back to front also means you're less likely to scratch the face of the watch.

Dont knock it before you try it :D then again I suppose most people are so used to wearing their watches the correct way it just wouldnt feel right.

I also just checked how much i have to rotate my wrist when im looking at my watch and aslong as im standing up(which I will be 90% of the time when I look at my watch) there is no difference between the amount I have to move my wrist to see the time if I was wearing it the normal way and the gay way. Infact its easier because the wrist+lower arm seems to be able to naturally rotate clockwise easier, when you try to rotate the wrist inwards as you would need to with a normal watch you end up having to rotate your whole arm as the lower arm doesnt rotate all that much anti clockwise.

Last edited:
Soldato
I wear it on my left arm as it feels more natural. My dad wears his watch on his right arm from when he used to work on building sites, as he is right handed he kept breaking watches on his left hand. So he's obviously gay :rolleyes:

Don
simple right handed people wear it on their left wrist and left handed on their right

there are some watches about for left handers ( crown at 9 o clock ) but not many

Soldato
Right handed and wear it on my right. Makes sense to me.

Apparently I'm gay though :/

Luckily I don't wear a watch then - lost it.

Is it actually a "sign" or something then?

Man of Honour
For many years I wore a watch on my right but I was confused.
I was about 20 when I finally realised that I kept breaking them because I did everything with my right arm first.
Since then I only go through about one watch a year.

Back
Top Bottom