Watch Dogs

Soldato
Im still a little skeptical that its going to get extremely repetitive rather quickly, every vid i have seen shows him stopping a car using the barriers, its cool but i wonder if theres as much variation as they are making out? I hope so as it looks promising

Soldato
Im still a little skeptical that its going to get extremely repetitive rather quickly, every vid i have seen shows him stopping a car using the barriers, its cool but i wonder if theres as much variation as they are making out? I hope so as it looks promising

Must admit I thought the same thing. I will see what the reviews are like before I buy.

Man of Honour
Yeah, but that's just one part of the game though, and it's still an improvement over most open world games where you simply have to outrun the police. At least here you have options, however limited they may be.

Edit: I've also seen a video where he stops a car he needs by changing all traffic lights at a junction to green, causing the car to crash. I've also seen him raise bridges mid-chase, and blow out steam pipes as well, so there are definitely a few options to help you escape trouble.

Soldato
Edit: I've also seen a video where he stops a car he needs by changing all traffic lights at a junction to green, causing the car to crash. I've also seen him raise bridges mid-chase, and blow out steam pipes as well, so there are definitely a few options to help you escape trouble.

I get the impression that at least some of these events are scripted to be part of a mission though, rather than being spur-of-the-moment type things. The traffic light scene you describe from the first trailer (if it even makes it into the final game) was definitely scripted.

I still feel sorry for the guy he pulls from that car. :(

Still, hopefully there's still enough flexibility to allow you to do things on a whim rather than it all being reserved just for particular moments in missions.

Caporegime
Things like that have to be scripted to some extent, it would be almost impossible to react quick enough in game to (for example) change the traffic lights at the correct moment to cause an accident.

Caporegime
OP
I just hope that thee is a little depth to the hacking of passwords and it's not just click a button on an in game app.

I want to have to work a little for it.

Back
Top Bottom